can't believe how many guys will like a friend request from someone they don't know if it has a picture of a pretty girl.  today we had on  on a local for sale board sending friend request and linking to a site for oakley sunglasses for $25.  the 3 people I saw that were friends of mine I asked if they knew her - non did but all accepted the friend request - 

I posted this to hopefully get a couple of them not to fall for it - 

they are hitting it heavy again this tax season - if you get a friend request from someone you are already friends with or from someone you don't know - DANGER
If you get an unbelievable offer for a product way below the normal selling price (think Oakley for $25) DANGER
if someone wants you to like a page for a free cruise, apple product, BMW, etc and the big brand named site has like 10K likes (most are in the millions on actual comanies) - when you like that page it gives the owners of that fake page access to your info they wouldn't have been able to get otherwise. 
THINK BEFORE YOU CLICK
this has been a public service announcement - but like any protection it is really up to you

• Like 6

DON'T LET YOUR GUARD DOWN - be as vigilant online as you  would be in a dicey neighborhood 

• Like 1

DON'T LET YOUR GUARD DOWN - be as vigilant online as you  would be in a dicey neighborhood 

Ive seen alot of that as well over on my Facebook group im admin of for local sales etc  in our area. i have 3 admins that watch for these things and are dealt with very quickly.. it happens alot . too much.. we had one person post a craigslist add with a link under it and someone clicked it and they got thier facebook hacked and lost everything . next thing was that hacked facebook started sending friends  using the persons photos ....I let all my friends know that i will never send a request from a new page unless i make note of it first, never out of the blue or unless i contact them thru email or my business page... Never had a problem with mine..

I haven't seen this one yet but I'll be looking for it now. We just seem to have lots of work from home/opinion survey junk and multi level marketing.

heck if we can stop one person from falling for it we have done a good job - on the duplicate profile on fb there is not much you can do - it isn't because you clicked on something - the hard part was figuring out how to report it as there is no way to talk to anyone at facebook.  the way to report a duplicate fb account that is not yours (will have your pics and basic info) is to go to that page - to the right of where the click box is for message is 3 dots in a box - click on that  - hit report and follow the prompts - they had mine down pretty quick once I figure out how to get in touch with them.  at the same time I was trying to figure out the contact fb part I had at least 12 people contacting me wondering why I wanted to be friends again - at least 12 didn't ask and just friended the scam page because it had my picture

• Like 1

I look at FB about once every other week. Today, after I read this, had 4 'friend request' from people, I'm already friends with. Just like pretty much everything else with FB, got the gone key.