Camel

CE6000-60 Vacuum Hold Down?

Anyone with this model know if this has a vacuum or suction hold down for the vinyl?  Thanks!

Thanks for the quick replies. About to upgrade after 7 years. Excited and nervous.

We cut a lot of small detailed stuff, some letters are just 1/8" tall. We have Googled for a week for videos and cut samples but nothing shows the cut quality or detail. Also we sometimes have drop vinyl that's about 3" square, the way this machine seems to set itself up is by "seeing" the pinch rollers, can we still cut small sizes like this?

Thanks so much gang!

The pinch roller sensor can be disabled,  I can put both pinch rollers on the large grit roller side by side and cut that small. 2"    Great for detailed work.  I turned my pinch roller sensor and media sensor off first day...Mine is the FC  put can also be done on the CE6000

• Like 1

This is great to hear! So much information can be had in just a few minutes on the best vinyl forum around. :-D

And if you have scraps of vinyl you want to cut from get a cutting mat from a silhouette or use cheap poster board.

Never had to... WHY?  The cutter will hold 2" wide vinyl just fine...as long as you want it. I do it all the time.. Never use a cutting mat. 

Loosen the set screw in the back and slide the left pinch roller over on the long grit roller.  You can put those pinch rollers side by side...  Been doing it for years....If you look at the specs on that cutter the compatible media width is stated, 2"-28"  

• Like 3

Never had to... WHY?  The cutter will hold 2" wide vinyl just fine...as long as you want it. I do it all the time.. Never use a cutting mat. 

Loosen the set screw in the back and slide the left pinch roller over on the long grit roller.  You can put those pinch rollers side by side...  Been doing it for years....If you look at the specs on that cutter the compatible media width is stated, 2"-28"  

That is true I have had issues on my end and I mean me not the cutter I just feel safer that way.

We cut a lot of small detailed stuff, some letters are just 1/8" tall. We have Googled for a week for videos and cut samples but nothing shows the cut quality or detail. Also we sometimes have drop vinyl that's about 3" square, the way this machine seems to set itself up is by "seeing" the pinch rollers, can we still cut small sizes like this?

Thanks so much gang!

Did this with my CE6k-60, no issues doing small detail.

11027955_383975741795521_182269060728485

11058268_383975755128853_644530745839860

• Like 1

Heat Vinyl is cheating LOL

Done with my 5000post-2057-0-81008600-1457620281_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Update, ordered the new graphtec ce6000-60 Thursday morning, will be here next Wednesday. We have always used serial connections with the older cutters because we had issues with USB, is serial preferred on this brand? I'd like to use it because I already have the cable and port on the pc.

Now I have to fab a media basket!

Update, ordered the new graphtec ce6000-60 Thursday morning, will be here next Wednesday. We have always used serial connections with the older cutters because we had issues with USB, is serial preferred on this brand? I'd like to use it because I already have the cable and port on the pc.

Now I have to fab a media basket!

never had a problem with usb on a graphtec

• Like 1

Had USB for years now no issues

• Like 1