Sign in to follow this  
MadHatterGraphix

Poly-Twill

Alright I for some reason bought Poly Twill through Stahls thinking with the word Poly in the name I should be able to sublimate it. Am I right on my thinking or wrong as usual?

if its poly then yes, the closer to 100% poly the better, but i have sublimated as low as 50% poly before, just gives a more vintage look. With that said i have never sublimated any poly twill but if i remember correctly i have read of others who have on different forums.

Pretty sure poly twill is meant to be sewn on. It has some adhesive too but you sew it then press it. I think it may come apart if you don't. 

I actually used a lighter and lightly went and sealed off the strands it seemed to work and Stahls carries a lot of different twill I didn't know what I was ordering till I got it. I should really learn not to order at 12am. Its the same stuff conde sells as patches. This was a test to see how it worked. I'm looking at personal embroider machines just to offer certain smaller things. So heres the test photo.post-35756-0-09548900-1457676002_thumb.j

• Like 1