Sign in to follow this  
andersonbd

SCAL3 win10 - Rewinding to Origin after job (or before next job)???

So I have SCAL Pro 3 on 2 computers. Both Windows 10.  One computer works better than the other.  The one that's giving me trouble is having problems with the Origin.

I can't run the vinyl for more than 4 or 5 feet or it'll get all out of whack (on any computer - the clamps press the material unevenly and it puckers, so I have to do a large job in small portions.  When I set it to Rewind to origin, it's fine, but I have to pull the material through, cut it, re-align and re-send the job.   Ideally I want to be able to check the "advance  X amount" (2 inches) after the job, then just be able to re-send it without having to re-align everything.  The problem is, it advances no problem, but when I go to send the design again, it rewinds ALL THE WAY back to the previous job's origin. Not the next one and starts cutting over the old job.  Even if I lift the feet, and re-align it, it'll reverse off the paper when I hit cut.

The only thing I can do is to shut the machine off every single time I cut.  I've even tried the "origin" button on the machine, but it doesn't do anything.  The machine I have is the US Cutter MH series.

Thoughts?

Just because of the low memory in the MH cutters, you should be shutting it off anyway to dump the data from the last order.. Prefeed the vinyl back and forth to get the tracking of vinyl good to do your order... 

You can adjust the pinch rollers a little at a time to adjust them evenly. 

Make sure you are not pulling vinyl from the roll while cutting, you should have enough vinyl slack behind the cutter to do the entire job. 

I don't know what you are calling a large order,  but specs read Max cut length 8ft. 

30 full backs (8" x 12") but I can only run 3 or 4 at a time, otherwise it messes up.  The problem is, if it's cutting 5 logos, and it's set to "advance 2 inches" after the job is finished, why when I re-cut is it rewinding 5 logos back and starting from there?  Why isn't it starting from the 2" forward spot? Or even the end of the last job?

You don't have a high class cutter or high class software, Very limited memory,  You will need to turn the cutter off, cut the vinyl off from the first cut order run, Prefeed the vinyl again back and forth for next order, then cut again. Repeat..  UScutter even is getting rid of that software and replaced it with Vinyl Master CUT, Too many complaints,  The cutter is a bottom of the barrel cutter. Very prone to limited memory and static problems. Many people  using USB  have purchased the Tripplite Keyspan Adapter (that is the brand name)and have gotten better communication between cutter and computer.  The USB is not true USB,It is cheap Chinese.  Maybe you can get better results using FREE Signblazer.software. 

Thanks! I appreciate your help.  The only thing is, one computer works no problem, the other computer has problems.  I'll try the other software.