Sign in to follow this  
ign 5

Help, FC7000 only cutting half page

Hello,   New to plotters, and new to this forum.   I have ghosted on here awhile, but need help. 

I have an FC7000-100 and got it used. I have done a full restore on the machine, and got a  new blade, and a new blade holder. Whenever I cut anything, it works perfect, until it gets to about half of the sheet, and then it is like the blade does not go deep enough. I am thinking maybe one side can somehow be raised up? some sort of config?   I have turned whatever I am cutting to cut the long way, and it works, but wastes so much material.   Any help on this would be amazing!  

I made a video showing it, but for some reason I cannot copy and paste on this forum? I will try to type the youtube link  

hopefully that works?  

Thanks in advance, Russ

Move the far right  pinch roller over a bit to the left and put the 2nd roller on the far left side of your vinyl on that grit roller..  (That pinch roller on the right can be placed anywhere on the long grit roller, but must always be there.) There is a magnet on the pinch rollers so as not to cut past them..That is to stop your cutter from cutting off the side of the vinyl, into your cutting strip. There is a set screw on the back that can be loosened and you can move your pinch rollers. You can even place 2 pinch rollers on the long grit roller, to cut smaller width scraps. (If the pinch roller sensor is turned off). Also as old as the cutter is about (2007-2008)  it may need a new teflon cutting strip.   I turned the media sensor (measuring) and pinch roller sensor off on day 1 of my purchase of Graphtec FC7000-75  That option is in background settings.  If you don't turn the pinch rollers sensor off, you have to remember that those pinch rollers will have to be dead center with the marks above the grit rollers.  But your pinch rollers should be on each side of the vinyl...My cutter only has 2 pinch rollers and works perfect.  I put my pinch roller in about 1 inch on each side of the vinyl.. Prefeed it and it tracks great

This is how to set your blade depth correctly

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing.

• Like 2

Hi not quite sure about Graphtec's however check your blade depth first( just search on the forum on how to set it up properly), then the other thing I would suspect is the cutting strip. I had trouble with mine not cutting on part of the roll and this was the cause. As for the roller at the end of the video I don't know, some one will on here though, on my cutter you can place the rollers at any of the designated points without it checking them, mind you it's just a cheap and cheerful Chinese one!

John.

I noticed in your video you have your pressure set at 12, I normally use 17 or 18 for regular sign vinyl. Also, as Ms. Skeeter mentioned, it might be time to replace your cutting strip, are there gouges in the strip?

One other thing I noticed you are not using the OEM Graphtec blade holder, that also could be the issue. 

I noticed in your video you have your pressure set at 12, I normally use 17 or 18 for regular sign vinyl. Also, as Ms. Skeeter mentioned, it might be time to replace your cutting strip, are there gouges in the strip?

I have FC and I run  10-13- only on force all the time  Always have,And my blade is set correctly.,,,10 with new blade, 13 at about 9 months same blade..(purchased from Seiki)  I cut Avery chrome at force. 15.  Although I said to check cutting strip, cutting strip is not as wide as on the smaller CE models and doesn't get damaged as easy. .Mine is 8 years old and still just fine, but I watch my cutter, and don't run at high speeds and cause jams etc.   Cutting strip is only about 1/4" wide.on the FC cutters..

Gram force is much higher on the FC cutters than the CE cutters, and Q series.,What you may need for #s on a CE and Q series may not be needed on a FC.cutter.

FC  20 g to 600 g (0.196 N to 5.88 N) in 48 steps

CE-60  20g to 300 g    in 31 steps.

CE-120 20 G TO 450 G IN 38 STEPS 

The Signwarehouse Q series only goes up to 400g, which (mb20music stated in previous posts that he has) so that cutter would require more steps.   It is not the same as the Graphtec FC7000  at 600gr

Thanks everyone!

I cannot wait to go home and try moving the roller, it will be hilarious if that is all it is!  The current cut depth is perfect on the half that it does indeed cut, so that should not be the issue.   I have attempted to move the very last roller on the left (looking at the machine) and the machine freaks out. I have a link to the owners manual, I may have to look at that, seems like that last roller is so pointless.  I will attempt to cut something tonight and post results. 

Have a good laugh when you get home. :rolleyes: .....If your only cutting 30" and less width vinyl, there is no reason to mess with the far left pinch roller...  My cutter is a 30" and I only have 2 pinch rollers.   Yes by all means  read the user manual..  You should keep your pinch rollers just inside the vinyl for best tracking,  You should keep them equal distance from the edge of the vinyl on both sides , for best results,  And the marks from the pinch rollers on the vinyl do not hurt anything, They will go away when you apply the vinyl.   There is actually an EXPAND in Advanced Functions and Operations, to cut past the pinch rollers a little bit.  but I just turned my sensors off from day 1.  I can cut from any place on the vinyl. right to the edge. And I don't need the step of measuring my vinyl.  I know what it is. And looking at your video, you did not have those 2 left pinch rollers directly under the marks..That is why you got the realign roller error.. Cutter is very touchy about that..Another reason I turned mine off. I can just put mine in the middle of the grit roller and it's fine. 

Your welcome.  ;D

Whoa, whoa whoa...wait a sec.   If I am reading The SKEETER's post correctly, the top movable rollers, I don't have to put them on the bottom rollers? (sorry for bad terms)  When I met with a guy who taught me how to use it, he said I have to put the top rollers centered with the bottom rollers.  Maybe I should make a new video showing what I was taught, maybe you guys could correct me? yea?

The above pinch rollers must be above the grit rollers below, that is how the vinyl feeds..but you must have the pinch rollers between the mark on the upper frame or you will get the align roller error. Those marks are above the grit rollers. But you can move the pinch rollers for smaller width of vinyl..Each pinch roller could be placed less than 6" apart as long as they are positioned where they belong (on a grit roller and within the mark on the upper frame.   The main long area pinch roller (far right) can be placed any where in that area.. and must be on that large grit roller to work. 

hahaha ok! I am getting it. Thanks so much guys!  Be home in about 2 hours, and will jump on to try it!

Well Cutters, It WORKED!!!!   I got new Vinyl and had to set blade a tad bit deeper but it cut all the way across! So pumped. Thank you so much everyone, I am glad I asked, because I was about to take the whole damn thing apart haha.