coreypat

FLEXISTARTER 12

I just got Flexistarter 12 and I was trying to outline and weld and having trouble. I've not used Flexi before but in SCAL this worked fine. Any help? Can someone give me the steps either to import or create new text and output for vinyl cutter in Flexi properly.

Thanks,

Patricia

I use Flexisign 10 but Flexi starter should be similar.

Outline is located in the effects drop down and so is weld.  Only weld is in the Combine flyout after you click effects.

In either situation you have to have an item selected in order for the weld or outline to be active, other wise they will be grayed out.

I really don't see any reason to import text unless you don't have a particular font on your computer but vectorizing fonts doesn't really work to well and require a lot of cleaning up.  So try to find the font from the many free font websites.

To create new text, okay I assume that you have in stalled Flexistarter but have you set up the tool bars?  Hit ctrl T which will bring up the tool bar window.  Put a check in the text box.  Now you can park the text tool bar over to one side of the screen.  click the T and then click on the work space.  A flashing cursor should appear.  Start typing what you want to create.  If no text shows up while you are typing, make sure you have some other color than white selected.

I will say that Design Central which should be on the screen also is where you change your font style, font height, font kerning (spacing), font slant.  Design Central changes depending on what tool you have active.

Mark Rugan has a very good video on how to use Flexi sign.

For output to the plotter you'll need to click on the cut/plot icon.  If it's the first time you are trying this Flexi will ask to set up your plotter/cutter.  You'll need the drivers and once you have them installed you should be fine.  The production manager will also appear when ever you try to cut just minimize it, do not close it down.

I hope this helps a little. Good luck and welcome to the forum.

post-24657-0-97961200-1457933597_thumb.j