Guest Jerry TorresIII

Vinyl Master Cut doesn't Import Image

Guest Jerry TorresIII

I just got a 25'' SC Series with Vinyl Master Cut and I set eveything up and it all worked very well first try. I came to turn everything on and give it another try the next day and now I ran into an issue. The cutter is not what has an issue its the software I open it up and it works well for the most part but I now cant import images. The software works fine until I go to try and import an image and once I click on Import Image nothing pops up at all. And once I do click on Import Image and nothing pops up I can try clicking on any other option or tool and nothing functions all I get is some sort of error beep over and over until I click ( esc ) then everything functions again but I still can't Import Image cause the same exact thing happens over and over. Please Help!! :-\  :huh:

You maybe trying to import a file format that is not supported in VMC, the file may have a zero byte size or is corrupt, there may be a permissions issue or antivirus or similar is preventing you from accessing the file to name just a few possible issues.

To check this, click the File (menu) > Import and navigate to:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\VinylMaster_USC Files\Images\Imperial Coffee.JPG

or for Xp: 

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\VinylMaster_USC Files\Images\Imperial Coffee.JPG

You could also try files from the Imports folder and if you open an Explorer window you can try to drag and drop these directly into the program.

If these files import... then make sure the file you are trying to import has a file extension that matches any of those in the Import window and possibly make a copy of the file and place it in the above folder and try importing it from there.

Yup... I've found the least problems with just with drag'n & drop'n into a Vm window.

Guest Jerry

When I click on import it does not react. Nothing opens up at all.

Guest Jerry Torres III

When I click on Import it does not react. Nothing pops up at all and I have already clicked on File> Import and its the same nothing pops up at all.

Do you click File > Import and the click the File icon? 

Have you tried drag and drop?

The other issue is you must have a page up and running to import a file - have you a page/document open?

Guest Jerry Torres III

Yes I have tried clicking File and yes I am doing it with an open document but still get nothing. Last night I opened up File Explorer where all my files, downloads, and documents are located and minimized it next to Vinyl Master which I also minimized and did drag n drop which seemed to work. I don't know why this doesn't work thru Vinyl Master/ Import but I guess this is how I will have to do to get work done.

Yes I have tried clicking File and yes I am doing it with an open document but still get nothing. Last night I opened up File Explorer where all my files, downloads, and documents are located and minimized it next to Vinyl Master which I also minimized and did drag n drop which seemed to work. I don't know why this doesn't work thru Vinyl Master/ Import but I guess this is how I will have to do to get work done.

Have you tried to right click on the open , blank page and choose import from there?

• Like 1

Guest Brett

yes, i had the same problem with nothing happening, open a new page first then hit import. it will work. seems it just needs a place to put it first

Guest Shane

Hey guys. I am having this same issue.. It seems that anytime I prompt the software to open a popup box.. (Save As, Import, Export or whatever it may be) it will not pop up. I can drag an image into vinyl master, but it will not let me save as. The thing is that this shouldn't be an issue with software like this that has been around for years.. Thanks

So help us out a little more here.

Which version of VM are you on?

Which version of Windows are you running?

Is this a new issue, or has it always been like this?

Any other info you can provide will help us troubleshoot the issue quicker. Thanks. 

Guest Shane

I looked at the task manager and it was showing the action box or (Select file to import) action since I clicked import. Even though it wasn't showing when I performed the alt+tab or the windows+tab it was being projected on one of my unused monitors so I windows+<-- and provoked it to my main screen.. Sorry about the mixup.

Glad that it was something like that, rather than a broken software issue.

I do the dual-monitor-oh-no-i-lost-my-stuff all the time. Far too often, and yet, i find it still surprises me that I haven't learned that lesson yet. :huh:

Guest Shane
11 minutes ago, haumana said:

Glad that it was something like that, rather than a broken software issue.

I do the dual-monitor-oh-no-i-lost-my-stuff all the time. Far too often, and yet, i find it still surprises me that I haven't learned that lesson yet. :huh:

Thanks for you fast responses. It makes me feel confident that I will be able to get assistance if needed. :-)

8)

We try :D

Though, I do encourage you to become a member. Then your post will go up immediately. Not to mention that it's totally free, and we don't run ads, or push any hidden agendas, products or services.

• Like 4

Guest Charli G

I bought a refurb cutter and stand and it came with Vinylmaster Cut Software free download. I don't know what version it is or where to look for that info but I use Windows 10 professional OS and I create in CorelDraw X5 and export my vector images as .eps, .ai, pdf or jpg. So far, the only image extension the software will let me import is a jpg. When I tried to import the .ai an error message told me to save it in Adobe Illustrator version 8 which I can't choose from CorelDraw. Had I known it wasn't going to work I would have bought something that would. This is a lot of "wo-"manhours spent with tutorials and trials and errors and I still can't import any of the above listed files with the extensions the tutorials said I should use.  I was using LXi8 for years with all those file extensions and could vectorize jpg and bmp in it but that company has since closed and not supporting it any longer as best I can tell. Is Vinylmaster Cut Software supposed to be capable of importing the above listed file extensions in Windows 10 Professional?

If you will sign up to the forum you’ll be able to post without waiting for approval from a moderator. 

try exporting as an SVG 

VM cut is the basic version of the program that is primarily for interfacing with your cutter but with Corel you should be fine for most things. I’m not a Corel user so can’t help on the export end. I know Inkscape is native svg and I’m pretty sure the ink users are able to send to VM ok. 

• Like 1

Try saving your file first. Then import it into  Vinyl Master.  I am using a demo and have no problem importing  .eps files into the demo.   Did you register and activate the software? You must. 

LXI software is still being sold.  It is a rebranded Flexi software.   Which cutter did you buy?   Most major software will save as an .eps file format.  Vinyl master imports .eps.   Here is their import and export format list.   You can find that under HELP at the top of your layout screen.  A  lot of useful info there.  Look up IMPORT.

import.JPG

• Like 1

I have Corel D x6 on one of my old computers. I don't use it except the rare file conversion over to AI. I opened it and checked to see the export options and when exporting as an AI file it has a pull down tab that lets you decide which version. I suppose that could be something new to X6 but I bet your X5 has it as well. Maybe go take another look.

I made a couple test files to import into VM Pro. (I don't have VM Cut) Interestingly enough though the file I tested doing version 8 came in and so did CS2 but not CS5. I also sort of brought in an svg file but it was way out of scale and not all elements came through properly. I would not be surprised to find that certain versions of svg would work with some experimenting. 

Maybe some of that will help you. 

VM has some issues with SVGs and I believe they are working on it but for now your best bet is EPS files. If you have to use SVG, a flat SVG seems to be the most reliable option.

• Like 2

I've got thousands of svg files and VMPro does occasionally choke on one.  The same files usually don't look right in Windows Explorer either, so it's more than likely an oddly formatted file.  On the rare occasion I get a bad one I open it up in Inkscape first. Sometimes it looks off in Inkscape too.  I'll highlight all of the visible objects and move them to the front level and change their color and then resave. If that doesn't fix the problem, sometimes I'll grab those objects and move them to a new file.  A lot of the time it's an issue of duplicate objects on multiple levels that makes VM go crosseyed.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.