Guest Jerry TorresIII

Vinyl Master Cut doesn't Import Image

Darcshadow, I've had the same sort of thing but rather than missing nodes it was extra nodes on lower layers.  Almost like a square was node A1, A2, A3 and A4. When a copy was made it became B1, B2, B3, B4 and then moved.  But when VM or Explorer see it it's reading A1, A2, B3, A3, A4, so the middle of one side took off in a funky direction.  Deleting all the extra layers and objects gave me back the original image.

Guest Nick

I’m having problems with cutting what I import? Do I need a specific file name?

first, register for the forum, it's free.

second, your cutter will only cut vector images, so that's what you need to be looking for.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Guest Nick said:

I’m having problems with cutting what I import? Do I need a specific file name?

The only files that will cut are vector format.  Outlines. When you but them on wire frame mode you will see the outlines.   Vectors formats are .eps. .ai. cdr. and others.   

• Like 1

and it involves more than just converting the file to that format - vector files are made with point, lines, arc, unlike raster files you might be familiar with that are made of pixels

• Like 1

If  you're unsure what vector is, then Google vector vs. raster.

2 minutes ago, TechGurlAZ said:

I am experiencing the same issue. It is not about a file format, it is that when I click on File>Import   nothing happens. I do not have the option to choose a file. I am fortunate that it does not lock up my computer, like others seem to have experienced.

I just downloaded the software today. It is VinylMaster Cut V4.2 . I was considering upgrading, but if the most basic functions on the original software do not function (and seems to have been a problem for 4 years), I don't know that I want to sink any more money into this.

Hundreds of people use it with no problem including me.    When you click import does it bring up the box to select an image or nothing happens?   What type of file are you trying to import?  What os are you using?  

Guest SAlih

When I download an image to "downloads" and open Vinyl Master and (CTRL+O) it doesn't show the downloaded file, it still shows the files downloaded from weeks ago. I can't seem to find the issue. The downloaded file shows on downloads file but not through Vinly Master. 

Sounds you are downloading to one location, and looking in a different location. Where exactly are you downloading to, and where exactly are you trying to open from?

• Like 1

agreed.  you probably need to browse to where you actually put the downloaded file at.

• Like 1

haumana indicates:  "  you probably need to browse to where you actually put the downloaded file at. "

however, the Guest Sal mentioned: "The downloaded file shows in downloads file (folder)"

What type of graphic is this?   -- windows file extension --

well actually has said the file shows "on downloads" so that raises the question, what does that mean? It's also possible to have multiple "download" locations so the first step is to determine what location the file is actually being downloaded to, and then what location Vinyl Master is looking at. Unfortunately, the way windows works now, and the way everything is going, the casual computer user, has no understanding of folder structures and file locations.

• Like 1

well actually has said the file shows "on downloads" so that raises the question, what does that mean? It's also possible to have multiple "download" locations so the first step is to determine what location the file is actually being downloaded to, and then what location Vinyl Master is looking at. Unfortunately, the way windows works now, and the way everything is going, the casual computer user, has no understanding of folder structures and file locations.

I'm sure this was it. I often download to my desktop rather than my downloads folder. Definitely not a VM problem, just user error. 

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.