Dakotagrafx

writing on the roll core

in the last year or so I started writing on the inside of new rolls what they are - unfortunately I have several rolls I no idea what they are - wish I would have started this quicker with the printable vinyl.  it isn't a problem with all the stuff I use regularly but those specialty ones . . . dang it all

• Like 7

That is actually a really good idea. Not sure why I have not been doing that either... Good tip.

• Like 1

I've been doing the same thing for a while now. I realize that the older I get, the shorter my memory gets just like some other things.

• Like 2

Very true.  We work with a lot of printable vinyls and after a while telling them apart is pretty much impossible.  We ask our guys to always clearly label in the core, but too many people get in a hurry.

• Like 2

Started the habit right when I check the product into inventory  any important notes as well get put in end tube.

• Like 1

Do you keep them boxed or do you have a vertical rack? If you use a vertical rack look in to core tags, these are the ones we use: http://www.grimco.com/Products.aspx?cid=0963&pid=13564

I have core tags but either they get knocked out when lifting a roll over another one or just doesn't get put back when in a hurry - that marker doesn't get knocked off

• Like 1