ANGPrint

Outdoor Vinyl- advice please :D

Hello Everyone!

I am hoping that someone can just kinda give me some simple straight forward advice on vinyl choices.  I started my printing company about a year ago and every time I think I have this stuff figured out something happens to make me realize...I indeed, do not.   :huh:

I have a lot of requests at the moment for outdoor yard signs and then some more permanent type of signage on establish MDO boards.  I want to be able to offer good prices but being so new I am afraid that if I go with a less expensive vinyl that it will somehow just slide off the coroplast in the middle of the night.  hehe.  So-  anyway...I have been using Orajet 3551 with 215 laminate for anything vehicle.   What is the cheapest material that I could get away with for yard signs that for the most part will be disposable for the customer.  And for the more long term outdoor signage that isn't vehicle..what is the best to use for that?  Thanks for any knowledge you can send my way.  And if anyone out there that wants to be my mentor and field my questions on a daily text basis just let me know.   :lol:

Thanks!!

Angie

Have you ever tried to get vinyl back off coroplast?  I think bannerjohn penned the phrase it holds on like grim death - if it is clean just throw some 3651 on it  - coro is a temporary signage material anyways - you can lam if you want but with quality solvent ink it should last longer than the coro anyways

lol-  grim death sounds permanent so I like that!  :)  I have some 3164 on hand...it is a little thicker which helps me to apply...it is a 4yr where the 3651 is a 5 year.  Do you think the 3164 will be ok or am I pushing my luck?

Sweet!  Thank you so much! 

As far as a sign like the photo attached... what would you typically use for something like that?  Vinyl and Laminate?

P6060021-thumb-350x262-85211.jpg

how long is it going to be up?   for long term laminate and I use a aluminum substrate but solvent ink without lam is good for 3 years so use your judgement.  if it is a realitor they are not going to pay for anything they don't have to and will want to cut that price - for a high end horse farm then laminate, aluminum, pretty trim, vinyl post, etc.   know your clients needs - nothing is one size fits all