Sign in to follow this  
Neuromax

SG400 profiles

I am making the switch from my WF1100 with Cobra Ink to a SG400. I have gotten many years out of the WF1100 but its time for a replacement. I love the cost of ink from Cobra but I am tired of the clogged print heads and spending so much time cleaning them if I don't print for a week or 2. Hopefully the SG400 will live up to all the hype.

My question is are there color profiles available for it like Cobra had for their sublimation inks? If so where do I find them?

Thanks

Thanks, so the power drivers contain my profiles? I wasn't sure how that worked. My printer should be here Thursday and I need to get it going ASAP since I have an order for mugs waiting. i was hoping to have all software downloaded and ready to go but it looks like I need to wait to install the printer first.

yup and power driver will work with windows 7 pro - it didn't work with 7 home but betting it will work with windows 10 because my versaworks that wouldn't work with 7 home took off and worked when I upgraded that computer to win 10.
just pick which substate you are printing for and it will make the profile changes for you

I'd like to get into sublimation, is the SG400 a good machine to start with?  thanks.  Are there any drawbacks, etc.  I started doing HTV last year, and stay as busy as I want.  But, looking to add some new stuff.  lol

I'd like to get into sublimation, is the SG400 a good machine to start with?  thanks.  Are there any drawbacks, etc.  I started doing HTV last year, and stay as busy as I want.  But, looking to add some new stuff.  lol

love the ricoh's - gel ink is sooo much better in keeping the heads from clogging you get on the epsons

• Like 1

The draw back is price compared to an Epson. I get roughly 3 years on my epson without constantly maintaining it. However I noticed with the precision core the Epsons printers aren't as bad with clogging.

• Like 1

And for the price when they become problematic throw it away and buy a new one...

How did you know lol. wqhen you figure you can get a refurbished WF 7110 or other printer that usually prints at 13"X19" for under $150 cant go wrong.

and then some just like to go to the same printer for 3-4 years and have it print when they want to do work and not "get out another epson and throw the old one away" cause the last one clogged too.    just saying that it is a choice each one of us makes depending on our expectations.  that is why they make different products - not one size fits all - same reason some buy refine mh cutters and just replace them from time to time and others buy graphtecs . . . . or hotronix, Geo Knight, the list goes on and on

I would have went with a Ricoh printer if they didn't make it so expensive to print 13 x 19....That being said for a startup printer to see if I would make money doing sublimation around here...These Epsons have paid for themselves 100 fold....I thought at one point that when they started acting up I would replace them with the Ricoh but to be honest I'm not sure if I would or not....I know I'm Jinxing myself here...Im going to go downstairs and not be able to print anything

And yet the entire thread is about questions from someone that had already bought a Ricoh and like a presidential debate it went all over the place instead of answering the question by some participating members.