Sign in to follow this  
Decals Direct

"Chip" with vehicle and boat designs?

Before anyone says anything, I am almost brand new to making vinyl decals.

So Today i got a call from someone via craigslist asking if I have the "chip" that their main sign shop uses. This chip supposedly has a ton of OEM vehicle graphics and boat graphics ready to cut. Am I missing out on something here or does this guy not know what hes talking about?

There are several programs or websites that offer these. You can buy individual templates as needed or subscriptions through www.the-blueprints.com or my favorite lately is www.thebadwrap.com 

• Like 1

Before anyone says anything, I am almost brand new to making vinyl decals.

So Today i got a call from someone via craigslist asking if I have the "chip" that their main sign shop uses. This chip supposedly has a ton of OEM vehicle graphics and boat graphics ready to cut. Am I missing out on something here or does this guy not know what hes talking about?

Hi.

Moody Blue provided you with sourcing for "Vehicle Templates" (images which replicate the outside dimensions of autos by brand and make, so you can design graphics to FIT the vehicles exactly).

For instance, someone wants to have a wrap (full-color graphic design printed on a wide-format machine) made especially for a 2014 Ford Mustang.

The template will provide the designer with a view of the two sides, the hood, the trunk, and allow him to overlay the graphics to those exterior 'panels' of the car accurately right there within whatever design program is being used -- i.e. Flexi, or Corel, or Adobe Illustrator)

That being said, is this what you are attempting to accomplish?

http://www.uscutter.com/Vehicle-Templates

• Like 1