Sign in to follow this  
mpanek

Contour Cutting Will Not Outline My Images

I've had my cutter with vinyl master for about 3 months now and I want to try my hand at contour cutting. I looked up an outdated video on YouTube where the operator seems to work through it with no issues. However, after I import my images and go into the Contour cut wizard The program will not trace the image. I'm using .png images I created with Photoshop. I want to make Lego mini figure decals as shown in the pictures.  Hopefully someone can help with this problem! :)

post-96313-0-52594700-1456884277_thumb.j

post-96313-0-37013900-1456884278_thumb.j

post-96313-0-97704200-1456884278_thumb.j

post-96313-0-62396700-1456884279_thumb.j

VinylMaster software comes in four (4) levels, as follows:

• Xpt - Expert graphics design + image tools + shading + 3D + cutting + printing

• Pro - Professional sign cutting

• Ltr - Hobby (Vectorizing, simple designs and simple cutting)

• Cut - Basic (few tools in comparison to Ltr and above)

VinylMaster Cut does not automatically trace images in the Contour Cutting Wizard. Ltr, Pro and Xpt all have this feature.

However, you can achieve this in VinylMaster Cut.

First you must vectorize the artwork first (only available in the USCutter Edition) and then use the Create Cut Contour module to create an outline that the Contour Cutting Wizard will load in.

After loading the PNG, I select the T button (next to the apple).  That is the only way I've been able to create the outline for the contour cut.

The Apple button loads the Create Cut Contour module and the Contour Cutting Wizard and what tools (these modules) have depends on the level of VinylMaster you have.

The Apple button loads the Create Cut Contour module and the Contour Cutting Wizard and what tools (these modules) have depends on the level of VinylMaster you have.

See when I watched the video before I bought it last year I believe the video or description stated you could cut raster images. I see an upgrade more than likely happening on this end.

The USCutter edition of VinylMaster Cut, Ltr and Pro all have the Vectorizer in various levels so yes you can trace raster images and cut the resultant curves. 

Please see this guide to determine which level of VinylMaster is best for your specific needs:

http://iifuture.net/faq/index.php?action=artikel&cat=25&id=143&artlang=en

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this