amyyvonne

software for sc cutter

That software is made for Graphtecs.  And I would bet it is GP-GL language.>. Graphtec  language   You would need a software that has HP-GL language.   If buying a new cutter,  It comes with design and cut software compatible for it. 

Thanks.  I do have the SCALP, but I have so many designs that I have done in Silhouette, just looking for an easy way to utilize them.

I know SCAP pro 4 works with Silhouette.

Silhouette Studio Design does not have other cutter drivers in the program.   Scalp does...  

• Like 1

So if the Silhouette doesn't work with his cutter, what he would need is a way to convert Silhouette files to something Scalp can use. Looking around on the web it does not appear that is an option either. Most of the conversion methods I'm finding are simply saving the work as a raster graphic and then tracing it with a different vector program. Not the best solution, but it is an option in a pinch.

Silhouette Studio does not allow you to export your files. It has an option to save as .GSP but I couldn't even get those to open in Graphtec Studio. The version 2 Designer Edition of their software used to have a hidden option to export as SVG but they turned off the activation severs and forced an update to block this. People found a workaround by printing the file to a PDF printer but this too was patched. I know this because I had a client who wanted one of her designs cut. They have you trapped.

I use my silhouette all the time with sure cuts a lot.

That is not the question here....They want to use their Silhouette Studio Design software with an SC cutter. so they can use those SD files, that they have already created in Studio Designer software...Or a way to use those SD files in another cutting software that will work with a SC cutter.