BNV

Price needed for applying vinyl on new awning

I'm trying to figure out what to charge to physically apply vinyl to an awning, for a business. The Awning is 20'x7' and the vinyl length in total is 13.8' x 4.5'. The vinyl is broken up into sections, as it is mostly verbiage. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

• Like 1

what vinyl product did you choose to use on the awning and what material is it made of?

I'm using oracal 651. It's been tested, and sticks quite well. Not sure what the actual awning is made of. It's not three cloth-like though.

Hi.

Are you asking what the cost for the vinyl AND install would be, or just the install?

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="slice&dice" data-cid="413794" data-time="1456787416"><p>

Hi.<br />

<br />

Are you asking what the cost for the vinyl AND install would be, or just the install?</p></blockquote>

• Like 1

Both, I have the artwork I can show, but I can't seem to post it from my phone. It says it's too large

The basic formula for R.T.A. (ready-to-apply) pricing is L + W /2  (Length in inches + Width in inches divided by 2)

You are producing a 14' (168")  +  4.5' (54") total area RTA decal. (no substrate costs involved)

If there was a substrate, I would TRIPLE my cost for it  (for example -- $75 sheet of 4'x8' diBond is $225).

Then, add in the APPLICATION itself (labor) --- we don't know how far you have to travel, but let's assume it's local.

I'm pricing my services for this 'specialized' type of work (you'll be climbing a ladder, naturally) at the same as a Plumber or HVAC tech. would charge, at $125/hour.

This sure sounds like a simple 1-hour deal.

OK, let's try it together, and see where we are for creating a sign ("verbiage" only -- i.e. - just Text, no unique graphic design) using a sheet of 4'x8' coroplast, costing $15.

96+48  

2        $75 RTA decal  + $45 coro substrate  + labor for install (1/2 hr. in the shop) 

and my invoice on that will show $185 Total + State Sales Tax

Does that help?

By the way, technically you're NOT supposed to charge Sales Tax on labor, so I'm doing the State a favor by lumping it into the Total Price on my Invoice and not indicating it as a separate line item.

• Like 1

Ok I maybe missing something here, you are wanting to put 651 on it? Most awing are made of cloth is this one made of metal?

ok thanks for clearing that up for me. I was like how in the world is he getting 651 stuck to cloth and how is it going to stay stuck. :D  :thumbsup: