jcdsog

What exactly does Auto-Trap do?

I have read the manual and did a google search. I can not find out what Auto-Trap does specifically. It seems to have to do with overlapping colors. Why would it matter if I am cutting one color at a time? I no comprendo mucho. lol

I make all of my designs in Illustrator. Save each color as a seperate file then cut with Flexi.1 color at a time. I do not do any design work in Flexi so I am unfamiliar with it's ability. I know it would probably be great when I make a design that is larger than the 24" cutter I have, perhaps automatically cut it into sections with .5" overlaps... that would be nice. I have just never even tried to mess with the software. I used Photoshop for so long that Illustrator came rather naturally and it's hard to teach an old dog new tricks.

I could probably get by with a program that just sends the vectors to the cutter. Is there even any software that does just that?

Thanks.

hmm - will have to watch and learn this one myself - I thought it was the trick my wife played when I met her .  . . 

• Like 1

This is what I found.  

Auto-Trap- Color trapping is a way to create an overlap for each color so that you do not get any white space between objects in the final sign. Color trapping also ensures that objects in the design will align correctly, even if the registration between colors is slightly off. To enable Color trapping, simply select it and then specify the amount. 

From here.

http://www.apdevices.com/data%20support/flexi6_userguide.pdf

• Like 2