crgtfnknr

Which of the 3 cutters? Titan 2, 3 or Graphtec

16 hours ago, haumana said:

If I do go Graphtec, what accessories/supplies should I be ordering with it (so I can take advantage of shipping with the machine), and is is worth for me to pick-up the SignCut Pro software for $270? I do well enough with SB, cu wonder if it's time to move on and get with the 21st Century.

UGH! Decisions, decisions!

MacPro w/Windows 7, running Sign Blazer.

Pretty sure that the Graphtec comes with a lot of free proprietary options for software so you are less likely to need to spend additional. (although I use SignCut Pro 1 that you looked at and love it) I am not a Graphtec owner but was almost and I see several posts about some new offering they have that is pretty much Flexi rebranded or some such. I personally ended up with a Summa but they cost somewhere in the middle of the CE6000 and the FC8600 with specs that are pretty equal to the FC except the high downforce. I love it and of course since I own one I think they are the best. Ha ha! 30" is the smallest they even offer so it's a healthy investment to go that route. 

Just a total off the wall thought but there is a sometime forum member that lives on Oahu that probably doesn't use his equipment that you might ask if he want to sell it. He has a Graphtec CE6000 (I think) and a nice Stahls auto clam.  PM me and I'll pass along his contact info he is a friend of mine. If he wanted to liquidate it might save you a lot of shipping, I know that's a real concern out there on the islands. 

• Like 1

It finally came in! Woohoo!

I picked it up a few days ago, but due to the husband unplugging the tv/internet cable booster (unbeknownst to me), lack of internet issues - I wasn't able to get everything situated as quickly I would have like to. I'm finally back online and am trying to hit the ground running. I am ridiculously impressed by the graphtec.

It didn't take me very long to figure out how to cut using the Graphtec Studio on the Mac OS X, and then via Sign Blazer on the Win7 (Parallels) side. I'm totally stoked that I can now cut in both environments. I'm amazed at how much quicker it cuts than the LP, and how much quieter - although I will admit that the fan on the LP didn't really bother me a whole lot.

This is awesome!! Mahalo to everyone who guided me to make the right decision!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, haumana said:

It finally came in! Woohoo!

I picked it up a few days ago, but due to the husband unplugging the tv/internet cable booster (unbeknownst to me), lack of internet issues - I wasn't able to get everything situated as quickly I would have like to. I'm finally back online and am trying to hit the ground running. I am ridiculously impressed by the graphtec.

It didn't take me very long to figure out how to cut using the Graphtec Studio on the Mac OS X, and then via Sign Blazer on the Win7 (Parallels) side. I'm totally stoked that I can now cut in both environments. I'm amazed at how much quicker it cuts than the LP, and how much quieter - although I will admit that the fan on the LP didn't really bother me a whole lot.

This is awesome!! Mahalo to everyone who guided me to make the right decision!

you did download the studio pro and not the old studio - right?    betting you are in heaven right now with the new plotter.  smooth and quiet

• Like 1

They have Studio for Mac and Studio Pro for the Windows side, so I have both! Win!!

So many options now - plugin to cut directly out of AI (on Mac and Win), GS on Mac, GPS and SB (Win). So awesome!!

• Like 2