crgtfnknr

Which of the 3 cutters? Titan 2, 3 or Graphtec

Looking for some feedback on my first vinyl cutter purchase. I am new to the vinyl business and I am trying to decide between a few machines. I have been reading most of the posts and I have narrowed my choices down to the 24/28" cutters. I am still researching the Titan 2, Titan 3 and the Graphtec. I am planning on starting on smaller items with more detail such as mobile phone covers and other skins then moving on to HTV on clothing and hope to eventually get into bigger projects. So, I need a cutter for finer detail and with the ability to scale to larger jobs. I want to be budget friendly but still need the job to get done professionally. The price point of the Graphtec would be my ceiling. If I can do with less, that would be great, too. Just trying to be well informed before I spend the money. Any recommendations would be great. 

Graphtec ,,  many people have had the Titans or Titan 3 and find the Graphtec more able to do the jobs you are wanting.. Great for fine detail...I have owned my Graphtec since 2008, never a problem.  1 guy just traded in his Titan3 for the Graphtec Ce6000-60.  He called it an amazing machine. If you have the budget, get the Graphtec,, 

• Like 1

Kia vs Toyota. There is a reason why Graphtec is popular and holds it resale value. 

• Like 1

I started out with a US Cutter MH-365 to learn on and found a MH-721 on CL next. Upgraded to my Graphtec five years ago and been very pleased with it's operation. Still use my MH-365 for sign work at Flying Contests. If you have the funds, get a Graphtec.

• Like 1

if you have the funds graphtec is your friend   - you will notice a LOT of old timers have graphtecs

• Like 1

I will be the real odd ball...  i started with a titan 2 and love it to deah, no issues, now that i know what i know now, i would have went with the titan 3 only because of funds at the time... after reading reviews ,a graphtec is an amazing machine but you have to go with what you can afford. the titan 2 and titan 3  will for sure get you money coming in and fast once people know what you do and your pricing is liked.  so go with what you can afford in these groups of machines and run with it, my titan2 was paid for in less  than 2 months  after i started cutting away. But its just my opinion... Have fun..

• Like 1

I believe that USCUTTER seriously needs to re-evaluate their line of Titan2 servo-motor cutters.

Currently, they have available only the 28" Titan2 ---  there is no 34" size, no 54" size, (and no stock of the massive 68" unit).

Hopefully their buyer is in China right this minute, trying to locate a supplier for that elusive 34" servo-motor machine !!!

THAT is the missing element in their inventory.

I believe that USCUTTER seriously needs to re-evaluate their line of Titan2 servo-motor cutters.

Currently, they have available only the 28" Titan2 ---  there is no 34" size, no 54" size, (and no stock of the massive 68" unit).

Hopefully their buyer is in China right this minute, trying to locate a supplier for that elusive 34" servo-motor machine !!!

THAT is the missing element in their inventory.

personally I figured once the titan3 came out the 2 would be dropped - kinda looks like depleting the inventory supports that theory 

• Like 1

I just can't get my head around how they failed to use a fully adjustable pinch roller on the RH side like all the pro's. You would think if you're going to be copying people you would catch this important feature. Here are a pic of a Summa and a Graphtec both of which show the nice wide open area that will let you put anything down to about 2" in there and then nice 6" spaced spots all the way across the deck so there is literally no size you can't achieve. I use the side all the time for using up scraps, especially with HTV. 

post-20133-0-20637100-1460165481_thumb.j

post-20133-0-50766000-1460165514_thumb.p

• Like 2

You get what you pay for with cutters. I like the Titan, but if you can afford it, get the Graphtec.

In fact, if you can afford it, get the Graphtec FC-8600.  It's the next generation of the Graphtec from the CE-6000, and a total monster of a cutter.  

• Like 3

I ended up purchasing the CE6000. Just received it earlier this week and made some cuts. I am glad I went with the Graphtec. It is a quality machine.

• Like 3

I started with the titan 2 28" cutter for my first purchase and love it ,It has never failed me at anything ive done,, The reason i didn't get the graphtec was because i didn't have the money at first and i didn't know about it.Would i have bought the graphtec at first if i knew of it? maybe maybe not, The titan 2 to me is a great machine and without knowing the actual difference between the 2 brands since i have not used one before , i honestly dont know,Buy what you can afford ,you will make plenty of money with a titan as a first purchase . I had made my money back in less than a month when i first started and didnt know anything about vinyl,svg,eps,ai etc... Go with what you can buy..

. I had made my money back in less than a month when i first started and didnt know anything about vinyl,svg,eps,ai etc... Go with what you can buy..

I think is a common result. One that I found out and then jumped in with both feet. Best part about a good high end cutter is they may well be the last one you really need. Hard to know what the future holds though. If we all knew what the cash flow was going to be it would be easy. Obviously since there are a lot of cutter for sale we must all fall into the category that figured out how to make it pay. For me it pretty well took care of itself. 

crgtfnknr - congrats on your choice. That thing will be awesome. You may not know what you missed but those of us who do can give you assurance you made a smart choice. 

• Like 1

Flogging the horse here.

I want to get a back-up to the LP24, or get a better machine and have the LP24 as the back-up. I'm a simple hobbyist and only do a commercial job once in a while. Is it still worth the jump in price to the Graphtec? I was considering just moving to a machine with a servo motor, but I don't know if the fixed roller positions of the Titan machines will be make me crazy. Is the Graphictec roller fully adjustable? Is the accuracy that much better? Admittedly I wish my LP had better accuracy, but I've learned to just tell people that I can't cut stuff too tiny - or offer it cut it for them, and make them weed it themselves (you can do that when it's for friends and family!)

I take really great care of my stuff, and want my next purchase to be around for a while. Since shipping to Hawaii is ridiculously expensive, I'm intent on make the right choice straight out of the gate. I just have to justify twice the price. I don't get the opportunity to have the machine pay for itself as quickly as most of you. I should probably ad that I've never had the need to do any contour cutting.

If I do go Graphtec, what accessories/supplies should I be ordering with it (so I can take advantage of shipping with the machine), and is is worth for me to pick-up the SignCut Pro software for $270? I do well enough with SB, cu wonder if it's time to move on and get with the 21st Century.

UGH! Decisions, decisions!

MacPro w/Windows 7, running Sign Blazer.

If the Graphtec and Roland are pretty much the same price ... Still Graphtec? Not too many people here say anything about Roland ... although I do love their 60 degree blade in my LP!

This decision shouldn't be tougher than it is.

If I take advantage of the free Heat Press special that's going on, is it worth the additional shipping cost of $162.53? Because that's what it would cost to get it here.

I've owned several of both and have a graphtec cutter - printer is a roland but for cutting vinyl the graphtec runs circles around every other cutter I have had including the rolands.  where the roland excels is if you buy a latex printer it will find contour marks better than any other cutter.  for cutting I will always have a graphtec - even purchased a new ce6000-60 last year to replace the same model as I update every 3 years  normally

• Like 1

My opinion, graphtec. CE5000 and have not had a need to upgrade in a lot of years. Still don't.

• Like 2