Primal Decals

Dumb Question--Are either of these worth it for a starter printer and will it work.

UScutter had this, i was curious if it will work for vinyl like 651 similar , and what else would i need if it would work.. Or stay away from it cause i dont know what the hell im talking about lol.. Just looking to get something to get started then upgrade as soon as i can..  Thank you In Advancepost-88251-0-44314800-1456286427_thumb.jpost-88251-0-63052400-1456286442_thumb.j

did ya happen to notice those were sublimation printers?   sublimation supplies cost much more - worn't work with 651 and to transfer the sublimation ink to a substrate it must be heated to 400 degrees .  now if you are doing sublimation they are great

You might actually enjoy diving into dye-sub with heat press.

If you've got the cash available, it's a very addicting hobby/business.

Just ask anyone who does it !!!

Just be aware that it's a different animal than vinyl cutting, both in the design phase and in the production phase(s).

• Like 1

did ya happen to notice those were sublimation printers?   sublimation supplies cost much more - worn't work with 651 and to transfer the sublimation ink to a substrate it must be heated to 400 degrees .  now if you are doing sublimation they are great

I did notice Dakota,but not knowing anything about printing on vinyl , i didnt know it wasnt the way to go. I really wish they had a cheaper way to start off... Thank you buddy

You might actually enjoy diving into dye-sub with heat press.

If you've got the cash available, it's a very addicting hobby/business.

Just ask anyone who does it !!!

Just be aware that it's a different animal than vinyl cutting, both in the design phase and in the production phase(s).

Ya Slice, I do have the cash.I have the cash on hand to buy any printer i want actually.But dont want to spend a fortune when i dont get asked alot for printed stuff yet.I have really considered getting into heat press for shirts tho.I do get alot of requests for it..I just thought either of these printers would would work for the time being and upgrade to a larger machine.,

So my next dumb question is what is this printer good for then?  I just want to be able to possibly print things up to 24" or even at a smaller size for shirts if i have to limit to that size...

20 " the Roland bn20n . . Then the sp300i. They don't like to sit and will cost more if not used frequently . . . Not like water based. If used less go latex and forgo the print cut in one machine. Not sure though in latex for apparel . . . You would need to research that. It doesn't do any good to have a sexy printer if it isn't used every couple of days and you are just wasting ink in the 4 times a day cleanings and replacing heads from non use.

• Like 1

Entry level HP Latex machine, about 10k. Does pretty good on transfers, too.

That's the HP 110, which still requires 2 x 20a 208v power circuits to run, same as the HP 300 series.  Cost me about $800 for the electrician, material (including in-line surge), and inspection.

• Like 1