MoZo

AT75 and AT65 Help

I been using paper tape for years but was asked by a local craft store if I would like to put some decals and other things in the store to sell so got a roll of At75 but its no staying stuck to the vinyl after sitting. In the one picture I was pulling the tape off after sitting a few hrs the other one is a decal that just been sitting on my table for a few hrs. 

I also have a roll of at65 that does the same thing. I don't have any pictures of that right now but did just tape a couple decals with it so i can get some.

Any help would be greatly appreciated 

Thank you

post-83172-0-92331600-1456278531_thumb.j

post-83172-0-16204600-1456278990_thumb.j

post-83172-0-92980700-1456279288_thumb.j

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="mb20music" data-cid="413419" data-time="1456281089"><p>

Well the Rtape AT75 is recommended for textured or matte vinyl, is that what you are using it on?</p></blockquote>

Well that would explain that for the AT75 I got that free with the app roller, I wasn't going to buy another roll of clear cause the AT65 was doing what shows in the pictures since it was free I got it.

I thought I had pictures of the AT65 doing this so I'll look again

Well that would explain that for the AT75 I got that free with the app roller, I wasn't going to buy another roll of clear cause the AT65 was doing what shows in the pictures since it was free I got it.

I thought I had pictures of the AT65 doing this so I'll look again

WelI, personally I have never had issues like that with AT65.

• Like 1

Thanks mb20music

I have one sitting out now will let it there over night and see how that goes. Do you normally have to give it a good rub with the squeegee after sitting for awhile more then with the paper tape? I have noticed that also with it expecially with detail work.. I always tell my customers to squeegee then before trying to remove tape from backing but they don't always listen lol. With paper tape I really didn't worry to much as I do with the clear at65.

I should have looked up more information on the AT75

I never had luck with plastic tape. They all seem to tunnel when exposed to any temperature or humidity change.

• Like 1

I have problems with 4076 when I try to roll it, it will tunnel or get like flat spots as I'm rolling it so I try not to roll anything

Ok didn't get a chance to post last night so here is what the AT65 does little under 48hrs, the vinyl is 651

Heat in the room where stored is 70-72°. I hope that don't matter much cause you really never know where the store that is selling the items heat will be set at.

post-83172-0-19791900-1456434976_thumb.j

I have problems with 4076 when I try to roll it, it will tunnel or get like flat spots as I'm rolling it so I try not to roll anything

I have been using paper tape for 9 years and I ship everything, I roll any large job, and do jobs clear up to 28" w by 16 ft long,  Never have a problem, or complaint  When they unroll they are supposed to squeegee the transfer tape  back down,  That is just part of the process.   How would you expect a 16 ft long decal to be shipped?  I sure would never use that clear tape for it. I use Main 575 paper tape. 

I keep a 10" roll of AT65 around for certain small jobs for some of the lady crafters that want to have clear. My first roll lasted 4 years, that's how little I use it. I once bought a 24" roll of the GS clear tape too. Couldn't use it up quick enough, problem was it sucked so bad I refused to sell it to clients so I had to use it up on my own work and hated every minute of it. Paper is the way to go IMO. Essentially no stretch and very little reaction to temperate changes unlike clear which does a lot of expanding and contracting. If I had a retail shop with lots of colorful graphics I would probably use the AT65 or AT75 because I see how walk in business would want to see things more clearly. If I had an internet business I would probably promote my work without any app tape and send it with paper. 

• Like 3

I find that AT series reacts badly to direct sunlight. Is it in range of a window?

Shop area has 5 windows but all are covered with blinds little sunlight comes in. My table where I put competed items is no by the windows. 

Sounds like you got a bad roll then mate.

I have one almost useless roll of "AT60" (Before they made AT65).