Sign in to follow this  
storm2313

Text On Arc With Broken Letters?

I'm trying to do text on an arc, but require broken letters so I can fill each one individually. How do I accomplish this.

I tried creating the text on the arc, and simply right clicking to select broken letters, and the text immediately straightens off the arc I wanted it on.

All support is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Broken letters means each letter is set as an individual to add fills to instead of the entire word, It's useful for when fills aren't in such high resolution to keep the fills sharp as the image your filling is much smaller than an entire word full of letters.

I'm not familiar with VinylMaster, but if you convert the text to curves then you should be able to ungroup the letters and manipulate each letter separately.

Macon seems to have hit upon the correct answer.

Once you convert to curves, it's no longer "text" --- and as such, is then not a font anymore, but is a regular graphical object.

Also in VM you can right click the word and scroll over from the top option. Than go all the way down and you can break it up by Character, Word, Line, Or Paragraph and it will keep it as text.

I'm not at my computer so I don't know the exact wording of the option it's under.  

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this