Sign in to follow this  
mystery33

Worst experience with the SC cutter

I have had my cutter since October 2015, and have cut about 100 yards a vinyl, but it has been a rough 100 yards, I know the price for the SC is good and I have reached out to customer support and they responded but with all the problems I have had,(cutter freezing, cutter leaving little tails on cuts, or cuts not meeting up) and yes I have tried all the settings, pulled off slack off the roll, also made sure vinyl wasn't slipping under rollers, not to mention the whole grounding thing. I'm in a small town and we don't have access to get a tripplite kespan adapter so I ordered one, but I do not recommend buying another SC cutter. I am in the market to buy another just to have the SC as back up, but my budget is $1000!

I have had my cutter since October 2015, and have cut about 100 yards a vinyl, but it has been a rough 100 yards, I know the price for the SC is good and I have reached out to customer support and they responded but with all the problems I have had,(cutter freezing, cutter leaving little tails on cuts, or cuts not meeting up) and yes I have tried all the settings, pulled off slack off the roll, also made sure vinyl wasn't slipping under rollers, not to mention the whole grounding thing. I'm in a small town and we don't have access to get a tripplite kespan adapter so I ordered one, but I do not recommend buying another SC cutter. I am in the market to buy another just to have the SC as back up, but my budget is $1000!

go titan2 - you will really enjoy the servo motor cutter and with the vinylmaster shipping with the new cutters you will be much happier

• Like 2

haven't tried the gcc - had a titan2 and liked it a lot - I am still a graphtec fan but that is the next budget level - the titan2 fits your budget until you reach the level to go graphtec

• Like 2

I am sure you are just missing something.  I bought the SC as my first cutter.  Had simular issues at first and felt I had made a mistake.  With the help of the forum here (Not US cutter support) I was able to get it dialed in and I now have 3 cutters.  The SC, the Titan 2 and a Graphtec.  The SC still gets a lot of work!  I have been using the Titan a little more than the SC just because of the quieter operation but once I got that SC dialed in.... cuts great.

Let me add this as a side note.... I think the trouble I had with the SC, and the nights of pulling my hair out trying to figure it out helped give me an overall better understanding of cutters and how to trouble shoot issues with them.  Kind of a crash course if you will.  Now, if one of my other cutters acts up,  I can usually dial in the problem pretty quick.  I don't have to always keep coming back to the forum.

There are so many things that could cause troubles.  One big thing that even I over look at times is blade depth.  If that blade aint set just right you could be chasing your tail but when its on..... its so nice. Also, blade TIP!  that thing is so tiny and important, it that little tip flakes off...... your cuts will always be horable.

Anyway, good luck with your new cutter.  You only have a few posts so I am assuming you might be new to this business..... If so, just be aware you may still have trouble with the next cutter if you havent learned how to get it all set up properly with the first one.

The SC really isnt that bad, just noisy, once you get it figured out!

• Like 5

Reading the original note, not sure why you're having trouble with the SC.  It's a low-end cutter, but certainly one of the most compatible cutters we stock. (We used to stock GCC - don't anymore. If you had problems with the SC, you might want to re-think that.)

My suggestion is to itemize your current issues and drop support a ticket asking for a review.  Drop my name (John Williams) and tell them i suggested it.  Here's the link for the ticket.  http://www.uscuttersupport.com/contact.html

One question on this is if you've really done the work on environment.  Static is a huge issue on cutters and might be part of the problem.  Just a thought....

• Like 1

I agree with everyone else the SC is a very decent machine and a workhorse. My SC will cut almost anything my Titan can cut, it struggles with very long runs but you can overcome most of that by turning the feed speed down.

It does sound like static & blade adjustments are plaguing you. I would bet you have too much blade sticking out remember less is more. 

Just dont see how it could be static when ive got it grounded, it does it even with no vinyl, no blade,

I did hook up a Tripplite keyspan adapter and so far so good

• Like 1