Sign in to follow this  
storm2313

ARMS vs Ultramarks For Registration Marks?

I was wondering if it's possible to use Ultramarks  with an ARMS cutter? The reason I ask is I know the accuracy will be better as you have more registration marks to scan.

If not can I just add as many registration marks as I like to my designs, and print, and cut from the software without issues with ARMS?

Thank you, for your support.

Yea I watched the video, but he's using the cutter in manual mode to perform registration.

I think it's possible as the option comes up in VM Pro that I'm using, but I just want to be sure.

It would certainly be a great benefit as the standard ARMS registration marks are only on the 4 corners. Ultramarks should bring far more accurate cutting especially against print warping on larger cuts.

Thank you for your reply.

Guest Future Corporation Support

The reason that the manual contour cutting has the "Ultra Mark" option, is because when attempting to line up the marks by eye, it is not very accurate, so the more marks you use, these position errors are reduced, averaging out all the marks.

When using an ARMS cutter, especially on a small sheet, you do not need additional marks, as the scanner on the cutter is far more accurate than the human eye.

You will find that the main cause of alignment problems with an ARMS automatic cutter, is if the media is not sitting very flat, and lifting up (even slightly) in some locations. The more care you take to ensure the paper is sitting as flat as possible, with no bows or lifted areas, the more accurate will be your results.

Thank you for your support. I validated the vinyl is flat in the cutter, and it would have to be as it just came from the printer which would let me know right away if there was bowing in the material when attempting to print on it which would lead to inaccuracies on the print.

Graphtec speaks in there video on contour cutting about adding extra registration marks, or adjusting the width of the standard four marks used to increase the contour cutting features accuracy. Is there a way to add my own registration marks to use with the contour cutting feature? I see the option in VM Pro, but didn't know if you could use it with the ARMS feature on the CE-6000 60

Thank you again.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this