Sign in to follow this  
CSDesigns

Help with my graphtec ce 5000-60

I'm having an issue ,not sure what's wrong .if its the plotter itself or program. I'm using flexi 8.1. The probem is that when I cut multiple copies of a decal say 9" x 3" letters about half an inch ,only the first copy it cuts perfect. The second is ok but after 3 its cutting off the mark. For example the dot on like letter e it would be really off by the 4 the copy like instead of a perfect dot its cutting an oval shape . this is very frustrating. I use to be able to cut 50 copies of the same decal with all of them being consistent. And now I can't. Larger decals seem to do fine .its only when cutting multiples and small letters. Please help

Your using Flexi8.1 on which computer operating system?  As it is only for Windows XP and older operating systems, Anything newer would be hit or miss.on working correctly.   And you have your vinyl prefeed enough and slack for the entire order?   Not pulling from the roll?   Have you tried a factory reset of the Graphtec?  Hold down the UP arrow while turning power on the cutter...

You think that can be the problem. I've already changed the USB wire. I've changed the rollers and yes I have tried pre feeding it. Still no better results

I haven't tried factory reset. And I have a plotter control on my computer also. I'm trying to figure out if its a program issue or cutter issue

Trying a different software will eliminate Flexi 8.1 being used on the wrong windows system. ,, Then you would know it's the software.   Flexi software was not even Windows 7 compatible until version  Flexi 10    8.6 v2 might have been Windows 7 also. 

Also,  Have you tried saving your files in Flexi as an .ai file or .eps,  not sure what it requires and import into to CUTTING MASTER 2 and cutting that way.?  CUTTING MASTER 2 is Graphtecs cutting program,  and your cutter needs to be on Command GP-GL   Your welcome.

I have noticed that my cutter control on my computer. When changing settings sometimes it freezes my plotter and I have to turn it off and back on

I have never had a problem with my Cutting Controller.  Try a new USB cable,, and make sure it it not over 12 ft.   I had a problem with a 16ft USB cable,  It dropped communication. It was a cheap one, but when I went back to 12 ft, never had a problem.  It was a cheap one also. 

My Graphtec cutter is 8 years old and never a problem,  but I bought my kids each a CE5000-60 also and never a problem either.   Your software is telling your cutter what to do..  Start with changing the software.   

I cut with Flexistarter 8.6 (bare bones cutting program) and  have Flexidesigner 10 as my design software. 

Ok,  start with changing to a different cutting software first that is compatible with Windows 7..   By the way I am still back on Windows XP...Now if you want that Flexi 8.1 to work correctly, pick up an XP computer.  I still pick  up  Toshiba laptops  Windows XP for around $75.average.  free shipping on Ebay.   XP is a very stable program...You do not need a fancy new computer to cut vinyl. 

I also run Flexi 8.1 - but on Windows 7 to a Graphtec FC thru USB cord  going on a year or so.

What I did was right click  Flexi Icon- Properties- Compatibility- XP serivce Pack 2. restart the computer. The program then runs as if on XP mode.

But other users may have a different experience.

I assume you have checked pinch rollers, etc.

Do you have your pinch rollers the same equal distance on the vinyl on each side?  Actually take a tape measure and measure the same distance.. And you have prefeed your vinyl enough for the entire order?  And you never stated how fast you are running the speed at.  I always run slower like never over 5.  I cut while I answer questions here, and still watch my machine.

Why did you replace your pinch rollers? And was this problem there before you replaced them?  You stating that now, just brought up different problems that it could be, that were not mentioned in the first post. I thought we were dealing with all original equipment.here. 

yes it was a problem before  thats why i changed the rollers   i thought it was a feed issue  but its still doing it with new rollers