Sign in to follow this  
xpaperman

Fusion....last call

Ok, I think I am about to pull the trigger and get the hotronix fusion heat press. This is that last chance anyone will have to talk me out of it. Is there a better alternative? I have been hearing and reading how this is suppose to be one of the best. If thats true..... I gotta have it.

Any last minute input?

That is one of those things on my no regrets list. I don't know your budget but I highly recommend the 11"x15" and 6"x20" extra platens too. Not to mention the laser alignment system. Oh where does it end! 

That is one of those things on my no regrets list. I don't know your budget but I highly recommend the 11"x15" and 6"x20" extra platens too. Not to mention the laser alignment system. Oh where does it end! 

I really want the laser alignment but am on the fence.  I have it in the budget but it appears to me it would really only be good if the shirt was square on the platen.  How does one achieve that on the fly?  I fold my shirts in half, quick press for a crease and then go from there.  I don't have to be square to the platen as long as I line up to my crease.

I guess you could use the crease as a reference to the lasers?  More info please!

I really want the laser alignment but am on the fence.  I have it in the budget but it appears to me it would really only be good if the shirt was square on the platen.  How does one achieve that on the fly?  I fold my shirts in half, quick press for a crease and then go from there.  I don't have to be square to the platen as long as I line up to my crease.

I guess you could use the crease as a reference to the lasers?  More info please!

That's exactly it. Fold a crease or some shirts have enough to see from the factory and line it up on your center laser then the other cross lasers are now square to the centerline and in the right place. If you have it in the budget I would definitely buy it. This is assuming you do any kind of volume. but you wouldn't be buying a Fusion without some volume so I guaranty you will like it. I almost won't press without it, even one or two shirts. The only kicker is it won't work very good with press pillows and extra pads so the 11x15 platen lets you do smaller stuff and still thread the garment. I have not hat a need for any of the smaller 8x10 or other platens yet other than the skinny one. I do use the skinny one a lot too...sweat pants, sleeves, across the shoulders on football jerseys, etc...

• Like 1

Yes, I did get it!  Came 2 weeks ago.  Already ran a 72 shirt order through it.  It was a good design to test the laser with too.  Love the machine.  The lasers are nice but I think they are a bit overpriced.... just my opinion.  Kind of seem like more of a pain to line them up right for just a shirt or two or three tho.

• Like 2

Thats good feedback for someone getting ready to buy the laser system.

I wondered about that,   I just go back to my way of doing it,

take the tee shirt fold it in half press 2 secs to get a light crease mark on the shirt , then line up your transfer and fold that in half being careful not to touch it together if your using heat vinyl.  Then I mark each crease or if you have good eyes or light you can just go by the crease lines.  Line up those two crease lines with the center line you created on the tee shirt and press, perfect every time.  I think I can take credit for that one I had never seen it done anywhere until I came up with it.  I know a few of you use it.

I came up with that idea when my transfers were coming out worse with the t square then if I eye balled them so I needed to figure something out...

Too bad I couldn't have patented that idea LOL

• Like 1

mr300s I still often use the crease even with my laser and I think I learned it from you. Thank you! 

The biggest plus for the laser is uniform placement not just center alignment and square to the center. I set up a lot of volley ball uniforms every winter and often do more jerseys several weeks later as they progress through the season. I take a snapshot of the laser layout and just reset my laser and all my jerseys have the logo and numbers in the same locations.