storm2313

Vinyl Master Pro Contour Cutting Lines Uneven??

I just setup my new Graphtec CE-6000 (Amazing machine). I wanted to try the controur cutting feature, and found after putting the cut lines around the images I wanted made in the software to decals the images weren't centered in the contour cuts.

How do I make sure all countour lines made center the  images when cut??

Please keep in mind I simply created a contour cut around the labels I wanted to cut out. I never altered their position when they were created. The images were centered in the contour cut lines prior to cutting. I also already calibrated the ARMS feature on the CE-6000 to make sure prior to cutting it would be accurate.

Thank you for any offered support.

I used the ARMS offset in VM Pro. I have to say after owning the Titan 3 the Graphtec is truly an AMAZING machine.

I just wish I new why the software would do that especially when I never altered the contours after they were created. I simply printed, and cut, and found out they were uneven.

I replied back to your staffs message. They explained to adjust the ARMS offset from within VM to compensate for the misalignment. Which way do I begin the adjustment being it's on the right side that its off?

I'm trying not to waste to much ink, and vinyl on these tests.

I'm still waiting to hear back from the tech with my same question. I figured once you had a picture reflecting the issue, you would know how to direct me to correct it.

Why not try to adjust it one way and recut the same graphic. I have cut one print several times to get the alignment dialed in

I'm sorry I'm not understanding. I was told to manipulate the manual ARMS adjustment in VM pro to adjust for the uncentered  contour cutting. The issue is just that. What way do you adjust the adjustment to correct for excessive right contour cutting?

If I go recut the original labels I produced, by guessing the manual adjustment, and adjust incorrectly I will destroy an entire sheet of graphics which I'm really trying not to do.

I'm still waiting to hear back from Futurecorps tech.

I'm sorry I'm not understanding. I was told to manipulate the manual ARMS adjustment in VM pro to adjust for the uncentered  contour cutting. The issue is just that. What way do you adjust the adjustment to correct for excessive right contour cutting?

If I go recut the original labels I produced, by guessing the manual adjustment, and adjust incorrectly I will destroy an entire sheet of graphics which I'm really trying not to do.

I'm still waiting to hear back from Futurecorps tech.

Just pick a direction and try it, then you will know which direction you need to go.

How can I dial in adjustments on a basic cut without printing graphics as the issue I'm having is with the contour cut lines not centering the graphics within them. Doesn't that mean I have to print a graphic in order to see if the ARMS offset I'm adjusting is being corrected? The contour lines are what's off when being cut not the actual image.

Without the graphic image printed you have no point of reference to see if the correction you make to the ARMS adjustment is working? Correct?

I'll try your suggestions anyway. The adjustment I was told to adjust is the manual ARMS. I believe it's in the vinyl spooler. 

Thank you all for your continued support.

Another thing I was wondering is did I have enough registration marks. VM Pro has different ones available. If I use more than one on each corner I would believe the accuracy would be inproved. Graphtec studio covers this, so maybe this is the solution.

I was using the standard ARMS registration marks in VM, so perhaps I should try the Ultra Marks.

Guest Future Corporation Support

Firstly, you can avoid wasting ink, by putting a pen in your cutter, and using a normal sheet of paper, and printing a small test on plain paper. 
If you draw a small box, you can remove the fill and make it just a single pen line to save ink on your desktop printer.

All that it sounds like is happening, is that your calibration that tells the software how far away the laser on the cutter is away from the cutting blade (so it can automatically correct this in the software), is not set correctly.

The VinylMaster software has a convenient feature that allows you to calibrate this, using only a single test print. It will print special rulers that it will draw a line across, and all you need to do is enter into the software the value you read from the test chart.

To do this, go into the Vinyl Spooler, and go to the Calibration tab on the right, and you will see the ARMS calibration. This will bring up a screen allowing you to print the calibration sheet, and then to perform the calibration. Also, in this screen, you are able to edit the calibration values to manually adjust it. 

As someone else pointed out, you can reuse the same print, or make a very small test to save material, etc.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.