Sign in to follow this  
DOODLESTODESIGN

SCAL4P "not Responding"

I am using SCAL4P on my PS with my US Cutter LaserII.  The software locks up on every other cut forcing me to restart my PC. Will act like it is going to cut, but progress bar just sits and I have to cancel the job. Then stops responding completely. I can restart system, do one cut. If I try to start another cut, same thing happens and forces restart. It took me 4-5 hours to complete a 2 hour max job last night. 

I have also had problems with it stopping mid project- usually on a bigger, more intricate design.  PC is running Windows 10- not sure if that is part of problem or not?

Thanks in advance 

Are you turning your cutter off between cuts, so that you are dumping the data from the last order?  If not, your just pouring data on top of data.  Make sure the memory is cleared before starting a new job. Value cutters don't have the higher memory like the professional cutters.   And the data flows better with a  Tripplite Keyspan .Adapter if your on USB.  That is the brand name.    Value cutters do not have True USB, 

Make sure your cutter is grounded good to the stand also.

The few times I've used Vinyl Master Cut with my LPII have been a real pleasure.

How long ago did you purchase the LPII?

You might want to call USCUTTER and request they please send you a copy of VM (which is now included with the SC and LPII).

Even if they ask for a few bucks, it's worth the price.

Especially since you're NOT a hobbyist (which is what SureCutsALot is -- a hobby program, and not a professional software, despite the name)

Yes, I see you're correct, skeet.

On eBay they still offer the SCAL in some bundles for all three machines MH. SC. LP2 (maybe dumping the remaining inventory, with the intention of getting away from it completely at some point soon?).

I suspect that USCUTTER had so many headaches with the CraftEdge program as their dedicated software, that the executives in the office sat around and said to themselves -- "WHAT can we do to replace this?"

I'm glad they had that conversation and landed with their current agreement with Future Corp.

Oh, by the way, did you notice I no longer immediately suggest SignBlazer Elements as a good way to troubleshoot communication and/or glitches?

I feel that it's not really helping to promote abandonware as a way to move forward in this industry.

That's not to say it's not worthwhile to try using it if someone has an issue with their cutter acting up, and see if gets them out of a jam.

I'm sure many people HAVE been able to get their machines operating by downloading and running SBE.

http://support.uscutter.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/GetAttachment/190/24198