Sign in to follow this  
JMfragozo

MH871 - MK2 driver model for Windows 10 USCutter

Hello everyone, I am new to the forum and I would like to start by saying hello, and I would like that will help me know if I someone installed USCutter MK2 to a Windows 10 operating system as I have tried to install the system 8.1 and I did not recognize the plotter, please help !!!

• Confused 1

Does this unit have driver support in windows 10? The instructions don't seem to make any mention of it, I have tried installing the drivers from the downloads page.

If I download and extract the drivers for it and try to update the drivers through the Device Manager it just says it has the latest version installed already., It is showing up as USB Print Support.

It was mentioned in another post to download  the CDM20828 driver installer.

http://www.uscuttersupport.com/downloads/Drivers/cdm20828_setup_windows.exe

However after I have done that when I do a scan for hardware changes it locks up the machine and I have to hard boot it. I have also tried turning off Driver Validation and still cannot get this unit to install. Just shows up as USB Print Support and no device appears in Devices and Printers. Also Right-clicking the inf files and selecting install produces the same result (hard freeze during hardware changes scan).

Also the baud rate is probably not applicable as this is not running on a com port or an emulated com port, I have it connected via the usb cable.

I have an older machine that did work fine but now I am having problems since Windows 10 came along. I have the MH871 cutter and have always hooked up with the usb cable. Now i hear the beep when I attach it to my computer but no prompts to download and I do not see that it has been recognized. Patience is not one of my virtues and the window is way to close.