Sign in to follow this  
Oldsklr

Press creases

Just beginning with cutter...

I was wondering if there is a trick to pressing logos/images on sleeves without leaving the crease from being pressed? The crease ends up in an odd place. Ant info is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Well you're no going to like my answer but yes there is a better way. The Fusion has a sleeve platen that you just slide the shirt onto and you get no creases at all because the other half of the arm doesn't get pressed. Big investment but well worth it. 

Have you used a press pillow? They make some skinny ones that should help a little with the crease at the edges but may not completely eliminate them. If the garment has a zipper or thick seam in the sleeve I sometimes use my skinny pillow in conjunction with the sleeve platen. Try stacking up some mouse pads or buy a "perfect press pad" to support eh shirt above the lower platen and avoid the crease too. 

I use a 3/8 piece of plywood, wrapped inside a piece of an old ironing board cover, inside the shirt sleeve before I press the graphic on the sleeve. 

I had just cut up a old mouse pad to size to use ....

All great ideas and pretty close to what I tried. I used a piece of cardboard to keep from leaving mark of the seam underneath. I thought of he cap press too, but not ready to make another investment just yet.

I'll try the mouse pad(s). I have a press pillow and love it, but it's a large one for fitting inside the garment.

Thanks again everyone!

• Like 1