Sign in to follow this  
mystery33

SC acting very weird

I know this has been mentioned many times before, but I have not been able to complete one simple cut. Started yesterday when it stppoed halfway thru the cut, changed USB ports and worked for a few cuts, started again, checked the static thing connected wire to bottom of grounding screw to frame on stand still doing it! Pulled the blade and took out the vinyl just to see if it would complete a cut, and it still freezes but now it says job complete on SCAP but the cutter cuts about 5 seconds and pauses. I've had the cutter about 3 months, and it's been ok, not the best but good for the money. Ive read you can go buy a part for the USB but I'm not sure if that's gonna work, seems to me like something wrong with the board!

Since you are using USB with you SC cutter.... are you also using a Tripp Lite keyspan adapter?

Make sure the paint is removed where the static wire is connected to the machine and stand. It sounds like static, if it keeps up it could fry the motherboard. Mine used to reboot my laptop at times when it built up a charge until I removed the paint and reattached it.

I am not using a tripp lite keyspan adapter yet! I will try removing some of the paint first then the adapter, I did notice the cutter stared to cut very slow and my computer rebooting by iteslf! WEIRD

What do you have the grounding connected to?  It sounds like you grounded the machine to the stand; have you grounded the stand to anything?

Cal

Also has anyone had this with their SC cutter I thought it happened mostly on MH cutters

It can happen with any value cutter..  Also how large is the design your trying to cut? Could also be memory overload.  You could try spraying, the area with a Static Guard product,   Many people have fixed this type of problem with a Tripplite Keyspan Adapter.  That is the brand name....

I checked the ground on the socket on my wall checked continuity between there and ene of plug going to cutter, also sprayed static guard on vinyl, remember it does it even with no vinyl and no lade in cutter