Korina.Moya

How Do I Layer Without Overlaps

Hi there,

I'm attempting to create an image with Sign Blazer using two different images. The first is a cross that has an outline with a gap (inline) and I want wings behind it. However, when I put the wings behind it you can see the wings in the inline. I don't want that. I want the wings to look like it's behind the cross. How do I do that?

if i am correct you probably can put the wings behind the cross and select all  then arrange and then weld and select punch through. After that move the cross and remove those lines that are left where you dont want them to be seen.. this might be the trick for you. Maybe someone with more knowledge will know a better way

Arrange (menu) ---- WELD ----  Punch Through

Make sure wings are Put To Back first.

Ahhhhh, I see Joker posted that already.

He's right.

Edited by slice&dice
  • Like 1

I know this works in Inkscape, and I believe SignBlazer will do it as well. If you don't want to have to manually delete the little pieces that will be created by the above process, you can select the cross, break it apart, the select the silhouette of the cross, punch that through the wings, then combine the cross again.

Note, in Inkscape, when you punch through the object doing the punching is deleted so you'd want to duplicate it before punching through. I do not believe that is the case in SignBlazer.