It will probably make it run even slower in order to force those who didn't upgrade to 4 the last time to either do so now or abandon the program.

It will probably make it run even slower in order to force those who didn't upgrade to 4 the last time to either do so now or abandon the program.

I have been running 3.078 for months with the exception of 3.052 all the upgrades have been for the good. I suspect 3.079B will have even more improvements. 

I'm not sure why people knock SCALP it's made me several $$'s I find it easy to work with, but all have their own preferences. 

Just keep all the past updates so you can reverse them if necessary. 

• Like 1

I was just thinking about all those updates and had to wonder why? My Corel doesn't require updates to work as designed nor does my flexi starter, LXI, VInyl Master or for that matter the old trusted Sign Blazer which keeps plugging along no matter how many times microsoft releases a new OS.

• Like 2

It's the new way to do software. Why design and test something when you can just release it to the public and let them test it and tell you what would make it better.

• Like 4

I wouldn't mind doing the testing, but paying for it!? And then releasing a new version that we also have to pay for to get bugs fixed? No thanks!!!

• Like 1

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="BearlyRich" data-cid="412740" data-time="1455171126"><p>

I wouldn't mind doing the testing, but paying for it!? And then releasing a new version that we also have to pay for to get bugs fixed? No thanks!!!</p></blockquote>

You only pay for the new version if you want the new features.... You know, like AI 3, 4, 5, 6, CC, etc; and Corel X5, X7, X7, etc.....

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="BearlyRich" data-cid="412740" data-time="1455171126"><p>

I wouldn't mind doing the testing, but paying for it!? And then releasing a new version that we also have to pay for to get bugs fixed? No thanks!!!</p></blockquote>

You only pay for the new version if you want the new features.... You know, like AI 3, 4, 5, 6, CC, etc; and Corel X5, X7, X7, etc.....

Let's see...

Version 3 goes through a dozen updates. Never fix the bugs, makes other things not work, fixes some bugs, never really works right. Then they release version 4 and expect us to pay for the upgrade! I stand by my statement! Who cares about additions if they don't fix it!

• Like 1

I paid for a working v.3 and even with all the updates i don't consider it a working program. That is the difference between scalp and every other program I own because they worked right out of the box.

I bought the prerelease $50 copy and got 1 with a cutter and through all the updates before I gave up when I hit enter it never went to the next line when doing text. To me that is a non functional program. I purchased vinyl master way before uscutter started offering it and it does everything scalp promised and more so that is where I have stayed but I will say that if you do encounter a problem it has been my experience that craftedge has a faster response time than future corp (vinyl master)

I'm using the top level xpt and it has replaced corel for 99.99% of what I do. The other .01% is just because I haven't learned how to do a couple things in vinyl master although I'm sure it can do them.

I'm using the top level xpt and it has replaced corel for 99.99% of what I do. The other .01% is just because I haven't learned how to do a couple things in vinyl master although I'm sure it can do them.

The VinylMaster program feels and works very similar to CorelDraw.

• Like 1

I bought the prerelease $50 copy and got 1 with a cutter and through all the updates before I gave up when I hit enter it never went to the next line when doing text. To me that is a non functional program. I purchased vinyl master way before uscutter started offering it and it does everything scalp promised and more so that is where I have stayed but I will say that if you do encounter a problem it has been my experience that craftedge has a faster response time than future corp (vinyl master)

Works for me.....

post-37957-0-78769500-1455290036_thumb.j

Thanks for all the replies. I'm still fairly new (1yr) and I really haven't had a problem with scalp. I also use inkscape.

@Eazy - it doesn't work for me either. Was never able to press enter to go to the next line.