signs in mn

Moving Flexi 10 to a new computer

Hello Everyone,

So I wonder if anyone else has had this problem.  It seems like a really complex one to me.

My company has moved to a new office and with the move my boss decided to switch Flexi 10 to a new computer.  We had the new computer at the old office and before I started working here someone before me had tried to install the software onto this new computer.  The software can only be installed on one computer at one time so it is only in demo mode right now.  It has been uninstalled on the old computer and the key has been switched over.  I uninstalled it from the new computer and reinstalled it but it still only boots in demo mode. 

How do I get the full version installed on this new computer?  Any ideas?  Thanks in advance.

Hello Everyone,

So I wonder if anyone else has had this problem.  It seems like a really complex one to me.

My company has moved to a new office and with the move my boss decided to switch Flexi 10 to a new computer.  We had the new computer at the old office and before I started working here someone before me had tried to install the software onto this new computer.  The software can only be installed on one computer at one time so it is only in demo mode right now.  It has been uninstalled on the old computer and the key has been switched over.  I uninstalled it from the new computer and reinstalled it but it still only boots in demo mode. 

How do I get the full version installed on this new computer?  Any ideas?  Thanks in advance.

did you load the sentinal drivers if you have a dongle - if the cloud version I never tried it

The dongle has drivers,, You must download those drivers to make the dongle work. The dongle is your user ID and password.

• Like 1

Those drivers should be on the Flexi disc.  Or go here and download it..  Sentinel Drivers and downloads under SUPPORT,  Reboot your computer then and your dongle will light up.   Also you should not have checked DEMO, when installing the software...  I know on my Flexistarter 10 that is an option to check.. BUT DON'T.  check it.

http://www.safenet-inc.com/

Okay.  It's a new day.  Thank you for the help.

I have followed your instructions so far.  The drivers were on the disc and I had to check a box in order to install them with the program.

install 4

Are you able to view this???

After installation I end up at a screen where I still need to enter a password and choose my product.

install 3

I enter the password and the box for demo mode is automatically checked.  When I attempt to uncheck the box my password disappears and I have to cancel out and retry.  I've chosen every product from the drop down list and still doesn't work.  I am stumped.

Ok  so what happens if you check demo mode and finish with the ID and password,?  Does it go on and finish installing and the software work or not? The dongle lights up and the software opens for use?.   If it works, then leave it alone...   If the software does not work after all is done, then you will have to contact SAI support.   (Flexi support) 

where it says USER NUMBER   next to the password.  did you erase that number down to 1?  Because that is not correct...It cannot be 1.  It should be the full number on your user ID and on your dongle.

When you enter the correct password, where it goes.  It automatically enters the correct user ID,  because only that password goes with the user number.., then fills out the bottom product..as to what it is.because only that password and and user ID matches the product....  I have the equal to Flexisignpro 10.5    Flexi designer 10.5  It just doesn't cut,,,,but same thing...It's the design software version only.  And if your showing a blocked out password by running blue line thru it,  that doesn't even look like it's long enough to be a password, Mine is 32 digits, with  a - between every 4 digits. It pretty much fills the box up.   They have to make those passwords very long.   I have several versions of Flexi products and they all have very long passwords. like 32 digits.   My user IDs are all 6 digits..   Until you enter a correct password, and the user ID number is filled in correctly, it will not work.  That is the security feature of the product...

Alright I've discovered the issue.  I called flexi support a few times before bringing the problem to this forum.

On their phone message they ask which version of flexi you're using.  If you push the option for 10 (which we are using) they tell you that phone support is only available to those that have the current version.  So I just called them again and just pushed the option for flexi 12 and got a customer support rep on the line, explained my issue and he had no problem helping me out.  

I wasn't working for this company when they originally installed flexi and the paperwork associated with it was typed up by a previous employee.  The customer service rep said we had a demo password.  No wonder it would only install in demo mode.  I gave the rep my dongle USER ID and he sent us a new password.  

Install worked and issue is resolved.  Thank you very much for all of your insight.  I appreciate the help.  Hopefully this will help someone else out in the future.

That's interesting..Hmmmm    And this is false info.  The software can only be installed on one computer at one time.   It can be installed on as many computers as you want. All you have to do is put the USB dongle into the computer your using. Once the software is installed correctly with the licensed Password and User ID.  I have the same  Flexi  software on 4 different computers. All I have to do is put the USB dongle in the computer, to use it.  

You are only using it on 1 PC at a time, as you only have 1 dongle..... No way you could do it on 2 PC same time with 1 dongle. . You would need  multiple dongles to do that.   Flexisignpro is also sold with 2 dongles....Actually  the Flexidesigner 10.5 that I purchased was from a seller that had the Flexisignpro  10.5 with 2 dongles and it came with the FREE Flexidersigner 10.5, with another dongle and licese also.  and he sold me the Flexidesigner 10.5...I own the rights to the Flexidesigner 10.5  He had to deactivate from his license for me to own that license  and use it.  My Flexidesigner 10.5 user ID license is registered to me, at SAI..

I am a single user, I own all of my software..   No one else does. And I can put it on all of my computers.  But I can only use 1 PC.   I can also have Flexistarter 8.6 and Flexidesigner10.5 on the same computer.  They each have their own license and their own dongle.  And I do not have to be connected to the internet to use my Flexi products.

• Like 1