LLaurence

Such a newbie problem- but I need help

Hey y'all! It's been a while since I've posted or helped anyone out so I'd like to start with an apology! In the past year I've moved away from vinyl and branched out into screen printing (have to make money where the money is) I am starting another (basically pointless) venture into sticker printing for "pretty planners" (small but pretty profitable skew) now that I'm back to using the good old mh I am having trouble remembering how to correctly register from Scal to my cutter so that my cuts are exact (stupid lines on the stickers have to be so thin that even 1/16th off will make a huge issue) I have tried everything I can remember... Does anyone have some piece of knowledge they can impart on me? Thanks in advance!!

Are you trying to do contour cutting with a MH cutter? They do not have that ability so the only way you could do it would be to get very lucky manually lining everything up and even then, if 1/16th of an inch is an issue, the MH cutter will have a tough time holding that tolerance over to great of a distance.

If you had Flexistarter 10-11,software you could contour cut with a MH cutter.  As the software has it's own built in contour cutting program, and you would use the blade, in the middle of the registration marks to record in the software program...

And it still may not work great with that cutter..  The MH is a bottom of the barrel cutter,, and tracking, and tolerance, is not like the higher end cutters with a servo motor.