Sign in to follow this  
ericmschwanke

issues contour cutting

Everytime I go into SCAL 3, hit the Print + Cut option and line up the marks on my print it is always off... What am I doing wrong? I always end up having to hand cut these with an exacto knife and getting annoying!

Have tried calibrating the laser, have tried not using the laser and aligning the blade to the .REGMARKS... no luck

Using US Cutter Laserpoint II

post-91324-0-88945400-1454460203_thumb.j

post-91324-0-52211800-1454460205_thumb.j

post-91324-0-65396200-1454460230_thumb.p

Scalp has been a problem since the git go.. Which is why it is no longer offered with the cutters.. Maybe considering getting better software....

Set the laser value to zero,  and use the  cutter blade to register in the registration marks..... This is coming from many searches I have done on this forum about the LaserPointer 11 contour cutting.

from this thread....   I don't own a Laserpointer,11... I am just reading threads that worked for other members.

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php?/topic/38506-laserpoint-ii-with-sure-cuts-alot-pro-contour-cutting-help/page-2

Use the blade point and set all offsets to zero. OR buy a Graphtec and have it work every time (what I ended up doing)

Yeah I set laser value to zero and line up the blade and almost cut on the same darn line.

Which is the wrong line at that.

Yeah I set laser value to zero and line up the blade and almost cut on the same darn line.

Craftedge.com is your support for the software.. Contact them..  They also have their own forum for SCALP problems.