Ravenwind / One Off Grafx

BN20 Issues not connecting

I fell into a great deal on a BN 20 for $2000, it is a couple of years old but still works great. Well it did  on his computer. I believe it is a issue on my end.I cannot get versa works to find the printer and Corel will make the paper roll in/out but not print. Everything is updated. I have win 7 32bit. computer is running fine new install win 7. Is there someone here with one that can maybe remote desk  together that can figure this out. Going crazy after 2 days .

I see the bn20 colnnects thru a usb calbe - did you install the usb drivers?

corel doesn't have a rip feature so not sure that will ever work

Did I read somewhere that Versaworks required Windows 7 Pro? 

the newest versions (I think ver 3.0 something) and back will work but the new one definitely won't load the drivers on win 7 but did on windows 10 strangely enough.  that is a good catch jburns I forgot about that

every thing seams loaded have win 7 pro. i get to the works add the test print, it rips and goes to print and then stays at 0%. it runs a calibration print and it look great no missed nozzles. I am missing something simple.

We have it up and working it was a dirty encoder strip. Thank you everyone for the help.

good deal - last year I replaced the encoder strip and reader on the last printer - another one of those maint items - if you get fuzzy edges on the prints and all your nozzles are clear and straight that is usually the problem - never heard of it making one not print before though.  we learn more from each other every day!.    Is yours set up with the white or silver option?

• Like 1

I have white ink sadly. I have heard a rumor or two that you can switch but need to get a hold of Roland directly. the blurry one was the strip being dirty. Funny thing  is we did a test print before i picked it up and it was fine. Must have been the traveling distance and altitude. The not printing issue fixed itself somehow.

post-19735-0-15754200-1454711309_thumb.j

post-19735-0-68370200-1454711310_thumb.j

always keep cleaning fluid, lot of swabs, wipers, wiper scraper, wiper pads, and dampers on hand for quick fixes.   the heads, encoder strips etc usually give you enough warning so they can be ordered.   ALWAYS keep spare ink on hand so you never let it sit without running cleaning cycles 3+ times a day.  the white ink will distinguish you from the rest of us when it comes to printing on clear.  problem I have heard from other people is it is more expensive and a lot of it ends up in the waste bottle if you don't print with it constantly.

always keep cleaning fluid, lot of swabs, wipers, wiper scraper, wiper pads, and dampers on hand for quick fixes.   the heads, encoder strips etc usually give you enough warning so they can be ordered.   ALWAYS keep spare ink on hand so you never let it sit without running cleaning cycles 3+ times a day.  the white ink will distinguish you from the rest of us when it comes to printing on clear.  problem I have heard from other people is it is more expensive and a lot of it ends up in the waste bottle if you don't print with it constantly.

Yeah i have a few but need to buy more of the cleaning gear and parts.

Does any of us BN 20 owners have bulk ink? found the ciss  for about 30 bucks. and the ink was not too bad of a price.

do a little research on after market inks - I will leave the research to you