wseago2

Hello from Central Florida

Hi everyone!

I'm Wes from the Central Florida area. My wife and I sublimate mugs for a little pocket money to a small niche market. I have been cutting masks for airbrushing with a Cameo for a while now, and have decided to upgrade to a Graphtec CE6000-60 (Arrives tomorrow). My kids are very excited about having the ability to do HTV on a few shirts. I am a mobile software developer that is very experienced with Adobe Illustrator, but I did recently purchase CorelDraw X7 for my hobby machine. I use both Macs and PCs for work, and I do have Adobe Master Suite CS6.5 on my MacPro, but have decided to use a PC to run my Dye Sub printer, vinyl cutter, and I guess CorelDraw for playing with all of this. I have been lurking in this forum for a while now, and have found most here to be a friendly bunch. Looking forward to being a member.

Thanks for reading!

Welcome sounds like your off to a good start ...

• Like 1

Hello and Welcome from the West coast of Florida.

• Like 1

New Cutter showed up today!!!!!

Well get busy and good luck ...

• Like 1

Welcome from Central Florida as well (Oviedo).  good luck with the new cutter

• Like 1

Thanks everyone! Been playing with it a little bit. Cuts awesome...right out of the box with very little setup. Also impressed with the Graphtec Studio software. Only took a few minutes to convert a jpeg to vector.

Quick question for the graphtec owners...The aluminum blade holders that are advertised on Amazon...has anyone tried them?

I kind of figured that for $105 extra, the included one would not be plastic. Was a little shocked by that.

Thanks everyone! Been playing with it a little bit. Cuts awesome...right out of the box with very little setup. Also impressed with the Graphtec Studio software. Only took a few minutes to convert a jpeg to vector.

Quick question for the graphtec owners...The aluminum blade holders that are advertised on Amazon...has anyone tried them?

I kind of figured that for $105 extra, the included one would not be plastic. Was a little shocked by that.

I have both and prefer the factory plastic if for no other reason than the fact that the aluminum seems to be louder when cutting.

• Like 1

I have both and prefer the factory plastic if for no other reason than the fact that the aluminum seems to be louder when cutting.

Thanks jaybird!