It is Vinylmaster Cut, but the image on the right is Gimp. I have determined that the issue is that Vinylmaster Cut does not default to black when no fill color is specified in the XML. The specifications list black as the default if no color is specified. https://www.w3.org/TR/SVG/painting.html#FillProperties The fix is to open up in a text editor and find the fills and change them to black.

Eric

I couldn't get my svg to import at all into VinylMaster Cut v4, but it imports great into illustrator.  I saved that file and loaded that into VinylMaster and that seemed to do the trick.

Guest Shankinmyhead

I have had the same issue, I was the owner of a cricut for years. Every file I own or created has been an SVG. I upgraded to a Titan with VinylMaster Pro, and none of my svg files are able to be imported. I am beginning to regret my purchase. There is no way I am going to Email thousands of files to figure out the issue. Every other file works, interesting I keep having to resort to the company I can't stand and paid a thousand dollars to leave due to their horrible online program. Now I'm pegged to still use a secondary program like Inkscape which is free to convert everything

I Drag & Drop all my files onto the Vm Pro screen and have never had a problem...

is is just the 'Import' function you have issues with or does D&Drop work for you?

i tried it on mine and i couldnt get it to import or drag and drop as well..no big deal to me tho since i use different software but was curious..

10 minutes ago, VinylMaster said:

Make sure you have a page/document open so you have something to drag it onto. 

ok when i made a new document and then tried importing and dragging  ,what i found was it would import an Ai file only , When i tried a svg file it wouldnt do anything at all.. I tried an svg saved as a svg outline and non outline. and neither would work.,Only a Ai file would import and or drag into vm cut.

Just tested jpg, png, svg, eps, ai, and vdoc's... All Successful under File>Import as well as

Drag & Dropp'd onto an open document in VinylMaster Pro. Same as it's done for me over

the past 3 years.

I'm guessing your (problem) copy of Vm is the Chopped 'Cut' Version from US Cutter, Primal?

edit: Drag & Drop Successful with pdf and psd (photoshop layered file) and 'imported' it as well.

1 hour ago, skarekrow said:

Just tested jpg, png, svg, eps, ai, and vdoc's... All Successful under File>Import as well as

Drag & Dropp'd onto an open document in VinylMaster Pro. Same as it's done for me over

the past 3 years.

I'm guessing your (problem) copy of Vm is the Chopped 'Cut' Version from US Cutter, Primal?

edit: Drag & Drop Successful with pdf and psd (photoshop layered file) and 'imported' it as well.

I can drag and drop pdf's no problem either just like a Ai file.. I have VM Cut 4.0. But like i said earlier i dont use it ,just got curious when i seen this post.But now i am curious why i cant do svgs lol... Im not going to stress over it tho..And it is an activated licensed ... And it is from uscutter.

• Like 1

Looking back over the thread seem like everyone having the problem is using the US Cutter version of Cut... Hmmm.

• Like 1

If the file in question can import from the File (menu) then it will drag and drop into VMC. This has been checked and does with the latest build. If the file does not import via the File (menu) then it will not drag and drop as there is some issue with the file in question. 

In this case attach a copy of the file to a ticket here and a tech will take a look at it:

http://future.support

Guest BlackTalon

This is still not resolved.  I have svg images that can not be imported to shows black for some areas even from AI files.

2 hours ago, Guest BlackTalon said:

This is still not resolved.  I have svg images that can not be imported to shows black for some areas even from AI files.

Post some of your files up so members can take a look.  As long as not copyrighted. Did you vector the files yourself? 

Guest Rick

I'm having the same issue with VM Cut 4.0 (from USCutter). I've never been able to import any SVG successfully. For example, this US flag vector from wikipedia:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/a4/Flag_of_the_United_States.svg

looks like this when imported via drag and drop or the Import... menu option:

image.png.db9b43b16b20bffe4b5050883925503a.png

After playing with it some, it seems it has something to do with how the shapes scale. I made a gif to illustrate the behavior:

5a30a1e0f2e0a_svgscaling.gif.a41b3993ab56350528ba3a3bdc4c7e4d.gif

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need more examples.

image.png

svg scaling.gif

Guest Rick

Sorry for the double post, but I forgot to mention that .svg files that I exported with VM do import correctly back into VM. After some more playing around, it seems that VM is not interpreting the XML correctly, as a previous poster mentioned:

On 2/3/2016 at 3:39 PM, EricHosford said:

It is Vinylmaster Cut, but the image on the right is Gimp. I have determined that the issue is that Vinylmaster Cut does not default to black when no fill color is specified in the XML. The specifications list black as the default if no color is specified. https://www.w3.org/TR/SVG/painting.html#FillProperties The fix is to open up in a text editor and find the fills and change them to black.

Eric

But it seems that the black fill is not the only specification that VM is interpreting differently. Various experiments editing XML, importing, and exporting with VM produced different images when rendered by VM versus when rendered by a browser.

Our focus has been on improving the importing of SVG files which have been exported from CorelDRAW. We are now turning our attention to Adobe Illustrator and other popular programs. 

The flag example (above) is using a pen style (stroke) to create the illusion of stripes which is perfect for printing but not suitable for cutting. So, in order to cut this out - the outer perimeter of pen style would have to be converted into curves. This can be done in VinylMaster PRO and DSR. 

Please send any problem SVG files you have to imports@iifuture.com so we have a large sample set of SVG examples from as many programs as possible. 

Guest MSampson
On 4/2/2017 at 12:39 AM, skarekrow said:

Looking back over the thread seem like everyone having the problem is using the US Cutter version of Cut... Hmmm.

I purchased my Vinyl master directly from Vinyl Master and I cannot import an SVG file.  I wondered if it is something about the way my designing program saves the file.  (Corel Draw). I design in Corel Draw, save as an editable PDF file and import that into Vinyl Master and cut from that.

On 12/13/2017 at 1:20 PM, VinylMaster said:

Please send any problem SVG files you have to imports@iifuture.com so we have a large sample set of SVG examples from as many programs as possible. 

or, if you're willing to share - post your .svg file here for other with VM to test too.

I've recently started playing around with VM and have noticed issues with SVG imports. The file will import, but it's not always correct. Till the problem gets fixed I just save my svg files as an EPS, they open just fine in VM.

• Like 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.