Sign in to follow this  
ericmschwanke

.AI Reg Marks to SCAL 3 Pro issues

I have sent this document over with <PATH>.REGMARKS layed out on the outline.

Everytime I go into SCAL 3, hit the Print + Cut option and line up the marks on my print it is always off... What am I doing wrong? I always end up having to hand cut these with an exacto knife and getting annoying!

post-91324-0-19066900-1454292394_thumb.j

post-91324-0-77113800-1454292395_thumb.j

post-91324-0-97811100-1454292424_thumb.p

Looks like you need a true optical eye machine and they will also have the added benefit of better tracking so the combination will be more what you are expecting to get. I have never been a real believer in the laser pointer. Are you aligning three points on your print? I am not "up" on what SCALP 3's capabilities are. Hopefully it will let you align over two points in the front and a third at the back to be sure you are counting for skew in the alignment. A few of the optical eye cutters (Summa, Graphtec, etc..) will use even more if the design is long. I don't think you will be able to trim so close to your print with a lower end machine with any kind of consistency. 

Yeah it does 3 points. It seems backwards from what you say. Mine starts with 2 in the back and ends in the front right corner.

found this answer on a youtube.com video with a person having trouble with the Laserpointer11

I was able to work out this issue. Spoke with the Tech department and they advised me to make sure the starting position is diagonally at least 1 inch away from registration mark number 3 which should be the mark on the lower right of your print.

Have you tried using Inkscape.org to contour cut with?   Or even the trial of Signcut....

·

• Like 1

Based on some suggestions I received from other people I did the following and it worked for me.

I calibrated the laser on my unit rather than using SCAL3. I set SCAL 3 calibration to default with was Zeros.

I also started before contour cutting and moving the blade from the program in the print + Cut option approx 1 inch diagonally off the corner of hash mark 3.