Brandiland

Titan 2 Not Working and Flashing Blue Light

Hi,I've searched the site, and can't find what I'm looking for. Please forgive me if this has already been mentioned.

I have a Titan 2 refurb. I've been using it for about 9 months with no issues. Today,I turned it on and the cutting unit slung as far to the right as it could possibly go. Then, the display screen started flashing blue about every 2 seconds or so. I've turned it off and unplugged it When I turn it back on, nothing happens other than the blue flashing light.

Please Help

• Like 1

I've turned it off and unplugged it When I turn it back on, nothing happens other than the blue flashing light.

Did you manually move the cutter head away from the side of the machine before turning back on?

• Like 2

Not the first time. I did eventually move it (while it was unplugged). Absolutely nothing happens when I turn it on, except the blue light flashing. It doesn't try to move, adjust, recenter..nothing.

• Like 2

I'm taking a shot in the dark here ----  there is a thing called a limiter switch (contact switch that activates when the carraige head moves to the far right of the rail and cannot travel further)

To get to that switch involves taking off the top housing and exposing the innards of the machine, and you might want to explore and see if that switch is somehow stuck closed. It happens, and all you need to do is bend the contact slightly to release it.

I had this problem out of the box with the SC unit, and it was a simple fix but the big trick was knowing to look for that in the first place.

Can you describe what the switch looks like? Or if that's the only thing like that inside the machine. I'm mechanically inclined, and have no problem looking inside. I just don't, in any way, want to void the warranty.

Also, the display shows nothing.It just flashes about every2 seconds. Did your display do that as well?

I spoke with someone from US Cutter. They told me my warranty is voided if I have to send the unit back, because I no longer have the box (box was damaged in shipping). So they are sending a motherboard when they get their next shipment of them, in about a month. I'm dead in the water until then. Even then, that may not be the problem, resulting in a longer wait, or worse..a dead machine.

I'm a little frustrated about the box ordeal. I see on the site where you can be reliable for damages if not packed correctly, and it's damaged, but to not even get to send it back at all, just seems a bit much. I package electronics all the time. I'm well aware of the grade of box this machine requires.