mackemode

Stops Cutting Right Before the End?

Hi, so I recently purchased a USCutter SC model cutter. I love it, quick and clean cuts, but no matter what cut I try to perform, it always stops the last cut anywhere from 1-5 inches shorter than it should be. I have tried multiple designs, multiple imports (SVG files), etc and nothing has cleared up the problem. I would appreciate some help! 

I am on Mac running OSX 10.11.1 and using Sure Cuts a Lot Pro 3. 

Most of the time, cuts that don't line up are the result of the feed roller slipping as it tries to pull the media off of a heavy roll and through the machine.

Try this:

1. Feed whatever length of vinyl you need for your design (plus a little extra) through the machine.

2. Feed it back through the machine in the reverse direction to the point where you want to start your cut

3. Let that extra vinyl hang loose behind the machine.  Do not roll it back up.

4. Start your cut

No, the issue does not seem to be the rollers at all. It has happened with both 30ft rolls of vinyl and small 12x12 inch pieces of vinyl. It does it EVERY time, no matter what. I've had cutters before and I would notice that for sure, haha. It just seems there is an error at the end of each cutting session, because the blade does not lift or return to the origin, and the machine never says that it is done cutting. I have to manually hit the reset button for the blade to lift and return, but it does not complete the cut. Thanks for the help so far though, I do appreciate it! 

Most of the time, cuts that don't line up are the result of the feed roller slipping as it tries to pull the media off of a heavy roll and through the machine.

Try this:

1. Feed whatever length of vinyl you need for your design (plus a little extra) through the machine.

2. Feed it back through the machine in the reverse direction to the point where you want to start your cut

3. Let that extra vinyl hang loose behind the machine.  Do not roll it back up.

4. Start your cut

Hi, so I recently purchased a USCutter SC model cutter. I love it, quick and clean cuts, but no matter what cut I try to perform, it always stops the last cut anywhere from 1-5 inches shorter than it should be. I have tried multiple designs, multiple imports (SVG files), etc and nothing has cleared up the problem. I would appreciate some help! 

I am on Mac running OSX 10.11.1 and using Sure Cuts a Lot Pro 3. 

Someone posted something similar about a week or so ago, they installed new drivers and the issue went away. 

Here is the link to the thread and drivers