Scottmn

cannot seem to open a file in SignBlazer

I click on file>open then a page with 16 gray boxes opens with the default file name *.sbd and default folder is C:\SBD files\

my .svg files are saved in my download file. I can click on the C folder, but can't see any folders that look familiar. 

I found this down the thread "Signblazer has not been updated for years.Owner passed away several years ago.  Only accepts older .eps files like version 8.  and not svg at all.  You have to convert svg files in Inkscape.org to eps files"

So I'm converting files and will see if that works..

Ok, I'm converting one and inkscape, what selections should I choose?

"restrict to PS level: Postscript level 3 [or 2]?

Convert texts to paths?

EPS+LaTex: omit text in EPS, and create LaTex file?

Rasterize filter effects?

resolution for rasterization [dpi]?

Output page size: use document page size or Use exported objects size?

Bleed/margin [mm]?

Limit export to the object with ID?

Well I have found that sometimes an .svg file will not open for me in SB after converting to an .eps file, why I have no idea. But the majority I have converted have worked...

Oh, also after I "Import" the newly converted .eps I sometimes find I need to export that same .eps to a new .eps file in SB and save it that way. Hope that makes sense  LOL

But here are the settings I use in Inkscape:

post-4069-0-32332600-1454051771_thumb.jp

Thanks for the great info. I was trying to open files, while it sounds like I should be importing?

I still cannot understand the gray pop-up page when I try to open or import a file. I click on the C:\ drop down menu, but I cannot see any way to find my .eps files. Very strange...

There is a checkbox for "No Previews" and you might want to see if that's checked.

Another option if you don't want to convert svg to eps, you can open the svg file with inkscape, to a select all and copy, then past the image into SignBlazer. That's typically how I do it.

Most of the time I just copy and paste vectors from Illustrator into Signblazer.