Sign in to follow this  
CyberSultan

Common Application Tape Size

I'm curious as to what people would consider to be the most common size of application tape they purchase.  I know some people do both big and small jobs.  But is there a particular width that people find themselves using most often?

Also, are there any brands people have learned to stay away from?

Thanks. ;)

I mainly use 15" vinyl, and I have recently purchased some 18" r-tape conform, and I'm lovin' it. Previously, I was using 24" app tape I purchased from ebay(my first roll ever)... PITA

For me,the sizes I use the most are 4",6" and 8" but I had been buying 48" rolls and having them cut down to different sizes. I sometyimes get good deals on big sizes( 16,12 inches) that I cut down myself.

I've never had a brand that was just AWFUL...I think it depends more on the tac than brand. PerfectTear is the best I've tried so far...Rtape is good.. I don't turn down any brand if I get a good enough deal.

I started out with 6" perfect tear - 6" cause I needed it to be cheap.  Works good, kind of curls up on the edges of the backing which I guess makes sense since it is a no-stick backer.  When I do something bigger I just overlap it.

Recently I bought some 12" clear to do 2 color with but I havent' tried it yet. 

I mostly use 15" vinyl so I have been using 15" and 6" application tape.

Guest fivestar

I use strickly 12" width and perfectear is the brand I prefer, although r-tape is the most popular I believe.

Thanks everyone for your input (more input is always welcome).  ;)  It helps to see what others are using and the general sizes being purchased...as avoiding making a mistake that costs money is always a good thing.  ;D

The best deal you will find is to buy a full 48" log and have it cut down to the sizes you need. There are a few sellers on ebay that sell this way and will cut it.