Sign in to follow this  
Chalyons3

Crashes When I Try To Cut

I started using SignCut-x2 and I'm running into a bit of a problem.

Once I've successfully imported my vector image into SignCut from Illustrator I try to cut it and the program crashes. It makes it to the pre-cut window (where you can specify the number of copies, etc.) but once I click "cut out" it thinks about it before disappearing and an error pops up saying "The application SignCut quit unexpectedly".

I'm running OS X 10.4.11 on a MacBook Pro. I have 1.5 GB of memory and haven't ever had an issue with that. I can't seem to figure out what is going on and it has completely prevented me from getting anything cut.

Was this figured out?  I'm having that problem now for the first time.  Files I cut the other day won't cut now.

What format are you saving the file in from Illy? If .ai, try .eps instead or vice versa.

Yes, yes!  I'm having the exact same issue with my mac (OS X 10.5).  I have successfully downloaded and use the program but it aborts when you click on "cut out".  I am using eps files, per Ken's advice. :thumbsup:

AND... it should be noted that ai files freeze the program at the same spot.  So, to clarify: ai files freeze the program while eps files seem to abort sign cut altogether.

Ugh...

Well, hopefully Kimon will pop his head in soon to shed some light- I hope.

Are you both running the latest versions of SignCut?

These type of errors usually occur  for two reasons, 1, image contains bad info or perhaps a bitmap 2, you have an incorrect device set in the cutter dialog box.

Unfortunately with our other support demands we do not always see tickets in this forum. For Signcut support at anytime you may email us at support@sc-x2.com

In your support request please do this

1. Supply a COMPLETE DESCRIPTION OF YOUR PROBLEM

2. Provide a Sample File

3. Give us your License number (do not place this information of forums or message boards)

4. Tell US your operating system

5. Tell us the cable connection you are using

6. Open Signcut click cutter and give us the settings you find there for Manufacturer, Cutter, Device and Baud Rate

Once we receive this information we will work quickly to help solve your problems.

Thank you we have assigned a tech to your ticket and you should have a response shortly.

I have also had this problem with my windows xp. I was sent a logo via email. I downloaded vectorized  it and sent to my signcutx2. To test the entire image ( a basic sort of border with text inside it) I cut a smaller version of it ...approx 1' x 3'. No problems. When I resized it to the size I needed which was 2' x5' it only cut some of the image sporatically... leaving out some letters and some holes and part of the border. When I tried to re-cut by resending the image again, my signcut crashed. It shimmered at the download. I could not bring it back to life. I tried different vector images...all seemed to make it to the cut dialog but pushing cut would freeze it up again. Finally I had to restore my pc to the time before the trouble. It worked again for a minute and then the same scenario. I emailed signcut but have been waiting a few days for a reply...any ideas are welcome.

We just wanted to come back and say that Kimon and Sign Cut were awesome to us.  They helped us (over off-forum email) every step of the way.  We are incredibly grateful to them.  With the help of an added adapter we are now happily on our way and cutting! :thumbsup:

Here's something you all might be interested in...

SIGN CUT IS GARBAGE.

USCutter never has any answers..  A lot of questions..  No answers..

read the forum..  nobody seems happy

except signcut and uscutter