marduk

Oratape HT55

Hi

EDIT: updated applicationtape name below

Im using the Oratape LT95 for my Oracal 631 vinyl, to create wallstickers. When i apply/mask the vinyl, it creates air bubbles quickly. If i let it stay on the table over night, it will look pretty bad:
http://cubeupload.com/im/3BCef4.jpg

Suggestions? I was told this was the best applicationtape for this vinyl. Maybe its not? Maybe im not applying it good enough?

From the description of the tape on the Orafol web page "Extraordinary low adhesive power" I'd say you have the wrong type of tape. You want a medium to high strength for working with matte vinyl. HT95 or MT95 would probably work much better.

• Like 1

HT55 for 631 vinyl. Specifically built for it. There are others that will also work but not as good IMO. A bubble away from the vinyl is irrelevant but if it's pulling up from the vinyl your screwed or going to have issues. The trick is to get enough adhesion to pull it off the carrier yet still be able to get it back off the vinyl after you apply it and 631 is not the highest tack so it kinda sucks even with HT55. I rarely do indoor just because it's too big a PIA. Add to that the ever increasing anti-stain paint that is vinyl intolerant and it's a recipe for a bad day. 

Orafol's description makes it sound like the right tape to use.

• Especially appropriate for the application of plotted films to inner walls

Go with HT55. It's not clear like the LT95, but it works flawlessly for 631 and 651.

pshawny

The problem is that i cant find HT55 in europe. So im trying to find the next best thing.

Difficult situation

They might call it something else in Europe. Orafol is actually a German based company with offices and manufacturing in both the US and Germany.

Try to get samples of the MT52 or MT72.

• Like 1

pshawny

The problem is that i cant find HT55 in europe. So im trying to find the next best thing.

Difficult situation

Just call them up and they'll talk to you. That's what I did. The guy I talked to said the HT55 has a little extra adhesive so it can sink down into the matt finish. He also originally told me it was actually medium tack but someone pointed out later that their product description says it is high tack. Either way it does actually work good on 631. I don't like it as much for 651, I always use as high tack as I can find for that because of it's known habit of staying on the carrier. 

• Like 1