Sign in to follow this  
cjohnston24

Cutter doesn't complete cut

Ever since I got an SC Cutter about a month ago, I've been having a problem with it when it finishes its job. No matter how big or small the job I send to it is, it leaves about a half inch of the design uncut and just stops and the screen continues to display "Now is cutting". It will not return to origin or advance amount and I have to reset it at the end of each job. Does anyone know what could be causing this? I've sent about twenty different jobs through from about 3" by 3" to up to 12" by 6" and it has done it to every one of them. Thanks in advance!

So just for trial and error if you add another line or something that is about a half inch long will it finish the design and just leave off the added stuff?

I would recommend trying out the free 7 day trial of SignCut Pro. It is a great cutting program and might at least help eliminate the question of whether it is a software or machine glitch. You will have to build your designs in another program as SignCut is just for cutting.  If you have any problems exporting your designs try Inkscape (free vector program)

How intricate is the design? I have an SC and when it does this is because it is low on memory. I have to clear and select a lower number to cut.

Butch

Hi, thank you so much for all the replies!

What software are you using ?

I am using SCAL Pro on a Mac Book that runs Mac OS X Yosemite.

So just for trial and error if you add another line or something that is about a half inch long will it finish the design and just leave off the added stuff?

I would recommend trying out the free 7 day trial of SignCut Pro. It is a great cutting program and might at least help eliminate the question of whether it is a software or machine glitch. You will have to build your designs in another program as SignCut is just for cutting.  If you have any problems exporting your designs try Inkscape (free vector program)

I have added an unnecessary line at the end of jobs, where it still leaves about a half inch uncut, just so I don't have to deal with finishing the cut by hand. That seems to work well enough for now, but just a pain having to add that and to reset the machine once the cut is finished and it continues to say "Now is cutting". I will have to check out the SignCut Pro software. thanks for the info!

How intricate is the design? I have an SC and when it does this is because it is low on memory. I have to clear and select a lower number to cut. Butch

The designs are fairly simple. Mostly names and numbers for the backs of shirts. I have tried running one name to just one number and it does it no matter what.

Are you using a USB connection?  If so are you using a "KEYSPAN TRIPP LITE" adapter?

Yes, I am using a USB connection as I have the cutter connected to a Mac book. I'm not sure that I know what a KEYSPAN TRIPP LITE is, can you explain this further? THanks!

Sorry I have a Windows based machine maybe someone with a Mac can help.

But I would try this: If it makes the test cuts fine then it's a communication issue between your Mac and the cutter.

If it doesn't make the test cuts then it's the machine. 

Thank you so much for your help! I was able to dig deep in these forums and I found that the driver that I needed to install is not actually listed on the us cutter website, as it has not been updated. Once I installed the correct driver for Mac OS X Yosemite, everything is running great!

For anyone with the same issue, the updated driver for Mac OS X 10.9 and higher can be found here: http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm

Again, I appreciate everyone for the help and advice. What a great forum!

• Like 1

Not sure about Mac, but you still may have issues like this down the road without  the serial adapter. 

OMG thanks CJohnson24!!  My cut hasn't worked right since I purchased it and I finally quit trying I'm off to see if that plug in will fix my issue as well!