Sign in to follow this  
ilabryant

Hello, I am Ila Bryant

I have had an USCutter Laserpoint for about two years now, and I don't know what I am doing. As far as creating the registrations marks on project; using the laser on the cutter and why; contour cutting; and how to start a business with the cutter (been unemployed for a year now-fyi).  I have attempted to sell some of my works on Ebay, no bites. 

I have looked at many videos on YouTube; they did help.  However, I have not found one that really starts from the beginning to the ending of vinyl cutting. Beginning with determining what size my mat should be; how to determine the size of font to use; determining the speed of the machine and the PRS; what does local, test and copy means on the machine itself; blade offset; overcut; job distance and etc.  It would be great if USCutter will make such a video for true NOVICES.

I don't know if this is the purpose of the introductions forum. 

Greatly appreciative

Welcome - the hard part is finding something that the other 250,000 people selling on ebay are not selling so you don't compete for price and do it for free - for registration marks everyone has their own preference - personally I just create 2 stars in the upper corners and copy and past over them for each color when I create my work - then when I cut each color they are in the right place 
now registration marks for contour cutting prints - I use the print and cut roland to do all that as the rolands find registration marks a lot easier  . .  . for only $13,000 it should lol

• Like 1

Hi Ila.

"how to start a business with the cutter" ---

I have a suggestion for you.

Download and install SignBlazer (free) and then go into the LIBRARY (Draw menu) and start looking in there for ideas of graphics that enable you to create projects for people in your community.

http://support.uscutter.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/GetAttachment/190/24198

Barbers.

Motor vehicle repairs.

Churches.

Restaurants.

Animal rescues.

Just like any business, you need to discover that a certain demand exists, and fill that need.