coateslr

Step by step instructions on cutting from CorelDraw 12-X4 through Copam 4050

Can someone post the instructions on how to cut directly from CorelDraw?  I've searched high and low in the forum and have only come up with bits and pieces.  Here's the link to find the driver that I copied from another post.  I downloaded the driver, but after that was lost on what was next.  I know it said to copy and past the files into the Corel drivers folders, but in Corel X4 the drivers folders was in a different location, so I was unsure on where to place the downloaded DLL files.  I'm using Windows XP.

I would like to give a big THANKS in advance to who ever can post simple step by step directions on cutting directly from CorelDraw versions 12 - X4.  Also if you know how to cut from other programs like Microsoft Word and other applications, please post them.  A lot of forum members would appreciate your time and knowledge. 

FORGET ABOUT "TRYING TO MAKE" THIS CUTTER WORK WITH COREL, FLEXI, AND THE JUNKY SOFTWARE.

DOWNLOAD THESE AUTHENTIC DRIVERS: FOUND BY ME LOLOLOLOL

I AM ABLE TO CUT DIRECTLY FROM COREL, DR STIKA, AND EVEN MICROSOFT WORD.....

A TRUE DRIVER

HERES THE LINK

http://www.copam-electronic.com/doce/services.htm

Guest fivestar

Can someone post the instructions on how to cut directly from CorelDraw?  I've searched high and low in the forum and have only come up with bits and pieces.  Here's the link to find the driver that I copied from another post.  I downloaded the driver, but after that was lost on what was next.  I know it said to copy and past the files into the Corel drivers folders, but in Corel X4 the drivers folders was in a different location, so I was unsure on where to place the downloaded DLL files. 

I would like to give a big THANKS in advance to who ever can post simple step by step directions on cutting directly from CorelDraw versions 12 - X4.  Also if you know how to cut from other programs like Microsoft Word and other applications, please post them.  A lot of forum members would appreciate your time and knowledge. 

FORGET ABOUT "TRYING TO MAKE" THIS CUTTER WORK WITH COREL, FLEXI, AND THE JUNKY SOFTWARE.

DOWNLOAD THESE AUTHENTIC DRIVERS: FOUND BY ME LOLOLOLOL

I AM ABLE TO CUT DIRECTLY FROM COREL, DR STIKA, AND EVEN MICROSOFT WORD.....

A TRUE DRIVER

HERES THE LINK

http://www.copam-electronic.com/doce/services.htm

I don't understand your question, are you wanting to know how to do it or are you saying you can cut from those programs.  I don't have a copam, I was just wondering exactly what you meant.

They don't appear to have a Vista driver. ;D

I'd say the win2000 driver would work.

Looks like the top portion of the OP's post is their own comments.  The CAPS portion is a copy from someone else's post.  The OP is looking for instructions on how to use the driver with various programs.  I'm interested as well.

I use Windows XP.  I posted quotes from someone else's post to show that users of the Copam can actually cut from other applications. 

When searching the forums, no one has actually posted step by step instructions on the correct way to install the driver through cutting directly from Corel. 

Hi folks,

I use an add-on program called "SignTools"  from www.asigns.com that works within Corel.  I bought this when I only had Corel 10 and no vinyl cutting program with my first machine.  Now I use Corel X3 and use the latest version of "Signtools".  You can go to their website and download a full demo copy that will allow you something like 25 uses before you have to decide.  I bought my version years ago on ebay from asigns. 

Hope this helps.

well. i've noticed a few downloads have occurred since my last visit to the forum... anybody having any success?

Jason,

I am trying to use your work around, but there is a key piece of information missing. What printer do I choose that is compatible with the driver you provided? I tried the "Generic" but it said the driver was incompatible. Basically, there is a step missing between your step 3 and your step 4. If you could clarify, I'd really appreciate it.

I see the last post on this topic was from March 2015 so I'm sure you either figured it out or quit. But the driver provided in the above links does not work on Windows 7 64bit. I don't know about 32 bit. I would imagine it wouldn't work on 8, 8.1 or 10 either in that case. So For anyone running a Windows 7 machine, I think we're SOL at this point in time.