Sign in to follow this  
fawnap

Looking for some sort of thin plastic-like sign material?

Greetings. I am in the need to make some indoor signage in which I'd like to adhere vinyl to. I am trying to find out what my options would be for a thin material that is plastic like? I can picture what I want but have a hard time describing it or know what it's officially called. Just something thin, plastic like and flexible that I can cut to size without too much trouble and punch holes in to hang. The corrugated plastic will not work for me as it's too thick. 

agree with jaybird pvc, we use Sintra or Komatex.  Both are great products, come in several thicknesses.

Thank you all for the lightning fast replies! I am trying to do 2 things with 1 type of material here. I need to make a sign to go in this type of holder:

http://www.displays2go.com/P-6192/Gridwall-Sign-Holder-22-Wide-x-7-High-Black

Along with that, I'd like to be able to cut like little 1.5" x 3" squares and make little price tags to hang off the gridwall also. I'm envisioning a material like the thin plastic license plate blanks, perhaps a little thinner. I was able to cut up a blank one I have here without ruining my guillotine (yet) but I need more, preferably a little thinner to cut easier, and something that will fit in that gridwall sign holder. Sorry, I should have mentioned all this in my first post. 

Thank you all for the lightning fast replies! I am trying to do 2 things with 1 type of material here. I need to make a sign to go in this type of holder:

http://www.displays2go.com/P-6192/Gridwall-Sign-Holder-22-Wide-x-7-High-Black

Along with that, I'd like to be able to cut like little 1.5" x 3" squares and make little price tags to hang off the gridwall also. I'm envisioning a material like the thin plastic license plate blanks, perhaps a little thinner. I was able to cut up a blank one I have here without ruining my guillotine (yet) but I need more, preferably a little thinner to cut easier, and something that will fit in that gridwall sign holder. Sorry, I should have mentioned all this in my first post. 

I would think pvc would be a good product for what you want to do

You might also look at FRP. About 1\8" available at the big box supply stores.