Sign in to follow this  
cbang

cutting wrong direction

hello everyone!!

i have been using sure cuts a lot 3 pro for almost a year now, seems to be having glitches. i am trying to cut some vinyl and the cutter starts cutting in a vertical direction instead of horizontal. does anyone know what the issue might be???

thank you in advance for your advice

If I remember correctly there is a setting somewhere about reducing travel when cutting....It's a check box if I'm thinking correctly.....Don't hold me too it because I may be wrong.....Haven't used that in quite a while now.

Or are you referring to your entire design to be cut is flipped vertical instead of horizontal?

no its the direction only, this program has a mind of its own, very frustrating at times. ill see if i can find that check box, thank you!!!

i am trying to cut the font times new roman, very wierd i just tried a different font and it cut normal.

That's most likely not the program causing your cutting issues, I would suspect it's your cutter.

A common cause for what you are describing is static.

I am brand new to this cutter and group, tell me please which way to place my design on the mat for a long sentence 116" and 5 inch high letters.

thanks

I am brand new to this cutter and group, tell me please which way to place my design on the mat for a long sentence 116" and 5 inch high letters.

thanks

Let's just use logic here ---  the width of the vinyl determines which orientation.

You don't have vinyl that's 116" nor a cutter that handles 10-feet wide materials.

Also, when you cut a 5" height design, that's going to result in 10' of DROP (scrap) from your roll.

If possible, I would design this so the sentence is split in two rows, resulting in use of only around 5 feet of vinyl on 15" wide material. That way, you don't have a leftover 10-footer of drop.